So how was your Mardi Gras? Were you on Dickson Street? At George’s? At home? Jail?
Actually, from the looks of it, there weren’t very many arrests last night. At least not for having too much fun. Good job!
Tonight looks to be a little more tame. Still, there are options.
Arkansas alum (now of Austin) Graham Wilkinson is back in town and at Smoke & Barrel Tavern. Wilkinson and his Underground Township band released Yearbook last summer which featured guests like Alejandro Escovedo and Hayes Carll. Nice!
In case you haven’t heard, Walton Arts Center has One Night of Queen this Thursday and Friday. Wait, isn’t that two nights of Queen? Anyway, to get everyone in the Freddie Mercury mood, Zooloos is hosting a Queen karaoke contest tonight at 8:30 p.m. According to the WAC website, grand prize winners will receive a VIP package with front row seats to tomorrow’s One Night of Queen including limo service and a meet-n-greet with “Freddie Mercury” (Gary Mullen).
What else? Let’s see.
Here’s the full list:
- Wednesday, February 17, 2010
- UA Global Campus: Lecture: Is it What We Think it is? The Quality of Life in NWA
- Greenhouse Grille: Waoka
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Mo Brothers
- Opal Fly’s Feel Good Lounge: Drum & Dance party
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Graham Wilkinson, Chris Denny
- Zooloo’s: Queen Karaoke Contest
- Rogue: Dead Eye Jack
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Cali Alexander Flute Recital
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Singer/songwriter night
- Bud Walton Arena: UA Men’s Basketball vs. South Carolina
- George’s: Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe