As a kid, whenever I would forget to wear green on St. Patrick’s Day, I’d try to convince whoever was about to pinch me that since my eyes were green, I was exempt from the traditional punishment. Sometimes it worked, but usually I’d just get pinched anyway.
I have two questions for you. First of all, do green eyes count? I’m tempted to say no even though I used that excuse myself. Secondly, is “pinch” pronounced pin-ch or peen-ch? I say pin-ch.
Tonight’s big event is the Dickson Street Pub Crawl which begins at 5 p.m. at Common Grounds. You’ll get a passport to take around to the participating venues and at each stop, someone will mark your card to verify your visit. Once you’ve visited all 15ish places, you can return to Common Grounds to get a free t-shirt.
So you know, there is no requirement to consume anything at the stops. Even if you were consuming something non-alcoholic, that would just be silly. Here’s a map.
If you’re wondering what kind of specials are available in the Dickson Street area, Dustin has put together a list from our sponsors that should help.
If you’d rather dance, FIX has DJ Nicholas Scott and Scarpino’s has country dancing with the Big Walley Revue Band.
There’s more, though.
- Wednesday, March 17, 2010
- Dickson Street: St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl
- LIT: The Kory Montgomery Band
- UARK Bowl & Ballroom: Seedling Film Association
- Grub’s: Boom Kinetic
- Greenhouse Grille: Dave Malm
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Mo Brothers
- Teatro Scarpino: Country Dancing with the Big Walley Revue Band
- GoodFolk: Johnsmith
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Guest Artists – 2 Cellos & Guitar Recital
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Singer/songwriter night
- Fix Ultra Lounge: St. Paddy’s Day w/ Nicholas Scott
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: St. Patrick’s Day w/ Cletus Got Shot
- George’s: Ayurveda / Open Addiction