It’s one thing to call yourself a badass. It’s another to own the domain name to prove it. “Yeah, I’m a badass. What’s my website? Oh, it’s badass.com. Yeah, I know. I’m awesome.”
Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like anybody owns badass.com at the moment. I’m sure the price tag is pretty high.
Oakland instrumental trio Judgement Day are at George’s this evening. They call themselves string metal. And yes, they have the domain name to prove it.
Coincidentally, brothers Anton (Bright Eyes) and Lewis Patzner of Judgement Day are also badasses. Of course, if you’re running a violin and a cello through distortion pedals and stacks of amps on a stage, you get an A+ in my grade book whether you’re making actual music or not. The icing on the cake is that these guys are not effing around one bit. They. Rock. Hard. (See the video below. Shredding commences at about the six-minute mark.)
What else is happening? A chess tourney at Smoke & Barrel, live jazz at Scarpino’s and some Nickelodeon fun at Walton Arts Center.
- Tuesday, March 23, 2010
- Fayetteville Public Library: Claire Detels: Two Great Women Composers
- Walton Arts Center: Nickelodeon presents STORYTIME LIVE!
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jeff Fox
- Rogue: Open Mic
- Teatro Scarpino: Live jazz: McCleod Burson Quartet
- George’s: Judgment Day / Messy Sparkles / MonsterHeart
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Chess Tournament