It’s April 13 which means you have two days to get your tax forms mailed in. Anybody still procrastinating? If so, you better get moving, folks. Or at least file for an extension.
There’s not a whole lot happening around town tonight so now is your chance to get that stuff taken care of. Or not. It’s up to you.
If you’re a knitter or crocheter and you’re looking for a group of fellow knitters or crocheters who get together on a regular basis to stitch and/or just bitch (possibly about taxes), Fayetteville has its own Stitch & Bitch group. Tonight, they’re getting together at the Lightbulb Club on Block Avenue around 6 p.m. Anyone is welcome to stitch, bitch or just watch in awe while enjoying a tasty beverage. Word on the street is that the local group has something special planned for downtown Fayetteville in a few weeks. Hush, hush.
The McCleod/Burson Quartet is at Scarpino’s tonight (and every Tuesday). We’ve said it before but we’ll say it again. Check this out if you’re into jazz or even if you aren’t. If anyone could make you a believer, it’s them.
I’d mention the garden walk at the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks if it hadn’t already happened today. Maybe I’ll just mention that there’s a repeat this Saturday for anyone who missed it this morning.
Here’s a list with more for tonight:
- Tuesday, April 13, 2010
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Garden Walk
- Lightbulb Club: Fayetteville Stitch & Bitch
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jeff Fox
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Guest Artist – David Burgess Guitar Recital
- UA Old Main / Giffels Auditorium: Adriana M. Rueda Flute Recital
- Teatro Scarpino: Jazz McCleod/Burson Quartet
- Walton Arts Center: Frederica von Stade / Samuel Ramey / Martin Katz