Today is the first day of Wakarusa 2010. If you’re reading this, then either a) you don’t give a rip or b) your boss was like, “I’ll let you off at noon on Friday, but that’s the earliest you’re getting out of here this week, buddy.”
Are you a or are you b? Or are you c? What’s c? C means you’re curious, but not enough to get all Wakarusa crazy.
Plus, starting today we’ll be publishing daily schedules so when you’re in the break room later this morning, you can say, “Are you guys talking about Hayes Carll? Isn’t he at Wakarusa tonight?” You’ll look like a badass and might even cause enough of a distraction to score an extra chicken biscuit. You’re welcome.
So what’s happening in town tonight?
For starters, it’s First Thursday. Check out our guide to tonight’s events for more on that.
Smoke & Barrel has a new Fayetteville bluegrass band, The Hobknobbers. They’ve been cutting their teeth on Sunday nights at LIT for the weekly Jody’s Living Room sets. Tonight they rock The Barrel. And by “rock” I mean “folk.”
Local music vet Wade Ogle is set to play a full-band acoustic in-store show at Sound Warehouse at around 6 p.m. That’s around the same time that First Thursday will be kickin’. Stop by and catch Wade before he hits the road for a few days in Louisiana and Texas.
There’s more. Right cheer:
- Thursday, June 3, 2010
- Mulberry Mountain (Ozark, AR): Wakarusa
- Fayetteville Underground: First Thursday
- Pesto Cafe: Emily Knight
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza: Christopher Parker
- Mojo’s: Joe Hart & Stephanie
- Sound Warehouse: Wade Ogle & The Mad Spirits
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Amber Renee
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Scott Young
- Powerhouse: LaFuSo
- Foghorn’s on College: Jamie Wolfe & The Wranglers
- Teatro Scarpino: Big Bad Gina
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: The Hobnobbers