Naming a band isn’t easy. Besides the fact that it’s hard enough finding something that a) hasn’t been taken, b) isn’t a fad, and c) isn’t Hoobastank, whatever you choose has to be approved by the entire band (and sometimes a significant other).
The only bands that get a break are family bands. Naming one of those is simple. The Jackson 5, The Everly Brothers, The Osmonds. Nobody’s gonna give you any lip over those names.
Everybody else, though, is stuck with using either a dictionary, drugs, or an online band name generator that doesn’t spit out names like Hunky Dude Gremlin or Boat Desk. Come to think of it, nevermind. Boat Desk is growing on me.
It’s Cocktails in the Garden time again at the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks. Tonight’s alliteration is Coneflowers and Cosmopolitans. Tickets are $15 for members, $20 for nonmembers, and are available at bgozarks.org.
Here’s all of that plus more:
- Thursday, June 17, 2010
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Cocktails in the Garden
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza: Candy Lee
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Darren Ray
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Art Reception: Diane Adams
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Jones ‘N Leah
- Ultra Studios: Summer Lovin’ Trunk Show
- Foghorn’s on College: Morgan Williams
- Pesto Cafe: Sarah Hughes
- Powerhouse: 1 oz. Jig
- Jose’s: Earl & Them
- 21st Amendment: Barrett Baber
- Mojo’s: Pope County Bootleggers
- George’s: The Odds / Flatland Travlers
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: The Carper Family