For the first time since 1930, the U.S. soccer team won its group with a 1-0 victory over Algeria Wednesday. The United States advanced to the second round of the World Cup, and takes on Ghana on Saturday.
Fans at Smoke & Barrel celebrated immediately after the game yesterday morning.
If you haven’t celebrated yet, you can do so tonight, maybe even at Smoke & Barrel. Tulsa’s Electric Rag Band will be there and from the sounds of their MySpace page, it’ll be a party kind of night. Have a listen for yourself.
It’s another Songs in the ‘Ville night at UARK Bowl on Dickson Street. The in-the-round series with Effron White this month features Grammy winner Carl Jackson and SESAC Songwriter of the Year Jerry Salley, both from Nashville. Also booked is Monica Taylor from Perkins, Oklahoma. Perkins was a 2009 guest on NPR’s “A Prairie Home Companion” with Garrison Keillor.
There’s more, too. Here’s a list:
- Thursday, June 24, 2010
- Sound Warehouse: The Horse Museum / Real Live Tigers
- Greenhouse Grille: Walter Savage
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Russ Hutchison
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza: Shannon Wurst
- Pesto Cafe: Kevin Bennoch
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Revolving Doors
- Foghorn’s on College: Ben Coulter
- Gulley Park: Sarah Hughes Band
- UARK Bowl & Ballroom: Songs in the ‘Ville
- UA Old Main / Giffels Auditorium: KUAF/Fulbright Second Annual Summer Chamber Music Festival
- Walton Arts Center: Mike Rayburn’s Some Strings Attached
- Jose’s: Leah & the Mojo Doctors
- George’s: Zoogma
- Teatro Scarpino: Kahula Gypsy Band
- Powerhouse: Maud Crawford
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Electric Rag Band