Summer is here and for lots of people living in Fayetteville, that means turning on the air conditioner, setting up ant traps, and wondering what in the world is up with that crowd on Dickson Street tonight.
With so many activities down there (Bikes, Blues/Babes & BBQ/Bling, Take Your Kids/Dogs To Dickson, etc.), it’s hard to keep it all straight.
Tonight, Dickson Street will be closed for yet another event. This one’s a celebration of 10 years of 104.9 FM. The anniversary bash starts at 5:30 p.m. in front of the Walton Arts Center and features 5 bands – Paper Tongues, Civil Twilight, Me Talk Pretty, Neon Trees, and locals A Good Fight.
If you’d rather stay away from downtown tonight, you could get out a blanket or lawn chair and head over to
Gulley Park The Fayetteville Town Center. It’s concert series time again and this week, it’s Fayetteville’s own Joseph Israel.
Here’s a list:
- Thursday, July 8, 2010
- Jose’s: TJ Scarlett
- Mojo’s: Jeff Alvine
- Dickson Street: Paper Tongues / Civil Twilight / Me Talk Pretty / Neon Trees / A Good Fight
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jovan Arellano
- Foghorn’s on College: Darren Ray
- Fayetteville Town Center: Joseph Israel
- Powerhouse: Wes Hart Band
- George’s: Dirtfoot
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Bobby Fink