Today is the beginning of on-street paid parking around Dickson Street. Residents have had two days to get ready for it and from the looks of the near-empty WAC lot, many have taken full advantage. Those days are over.
The city has said it expects to see a 90-day protest period before the lots and streets fill back up. Here’s hoping it’s the parking spaces that get protested and not the bars, restaurants, artists and musicians that make up the rest of the entertainment district.
The weather’s not as bad. Try walking a little if Dickson Street’s on your agenda.
Walk to FIX tonight for Dubstep Night. Digital Love (School of Dub), locals Domewrekka and Baby Armie, and house DJ’s EQ & Shortfuze are on the bill.
Or walk to Smoke & Barrel and compete in the Urban Achievers Wii bowling night.
- Wednesday, August 18, 2010
- Mojo’s: Johnny Arredondo
- Greenhouse Grille: Effron White
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Mike Sorenson – Guitar Recital
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Emily Knight
- Guido’s Pizza: Patrick McCoy
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Singer/songwriter circle
- Rogue: Archeology / The Blackbirds
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Urban Achievers Wii Bowling League Night
- Fix Ultra Lounge: Dubstep Night