Arkansas lost a musical hero in Windy Austin a few weeks ago. This week, we say goodbye to another.
Luke Hunsicker died Monday morning after a two-year battle with brain cancer.
Luke was 29 and is most recently known as the bassist for the Little Rock-based American Princes. According to a memorial post yesterday at Arkansas Times’ Lindsey Millar, Hunsicker was much more than a bass player.
From Rock Candy:
He drew. He worked with pastels. He sewed. He sculpted, earning the awe of high school friends as a senior when Parkview decided to purchase “Bucket Boy,” a self-portrait sculpture, from the torso up, coming out of a five gallon bucket. And he cut hair in a barber chair in his house. Usually in exchange for a six-pack.
A memorial service is in the works and is scheduled for Saturday. Stay tuned to Rock Candy for details.
Here is today’s list:
- Wednesday, August 25, 2010
- Greenhouse Grille: Sarah Hughes
- Fayetteville Public Library: FFEAC Keep it Local panel
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Derek Van Lynn
- Mojo’s: Johnny Arredondo
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Trivia Night
- First United Presbyterian Church: FHS Millage Informational Meeting
- Rogue: Between Crows & Thieves / Find Hounds
- George’s: Zoogma
- Teatro Scarpino: Salsa & Bachata Lessons
- Baum Stadium: Outdoor Movie: Anchorman