Now listen. Not a dime, I can’t pay my rent. I can barely make it through the week. Saturday night I’d like to make my girl, but right now I can’t make ends meet.
I’m always workin’ slavin’ every day. Gotta get a break from the same old same old. I need a chance just to get away. If you could hear me think this is what I’d say, “Don’t need nothin’ but a good time. How can I resist? Ain’t lookin’ for nothin’ but a good time, and it don’t get better than this.”
Sorry for the Poison lyrics. Actually, no I’m not. That song was in my Top 10 for most of my sixth grade year. It wasn’t #1 (that was “Pour Some Sugar On Me”), but it was in my Walkman.
I could be wrong, but I can’t imagine tonight’s Bret Michaels concert at the AMP being nearly as radass as the Poison video embedded below. There’s simply way too many clothing and guitar changes for any concert to compete. Regardless, a piece of Poison is in town tonight. Anybody going?
Elsewhere for music, Sarah Hughes starts the night off at Foghorn’s on College before moving to Smoke & Barrel later tonight.
Also, Songs in the ‘Ville returns to UARK Bowl and tonight’s in-the-round show features Effron White, along with Gary Szmyd, Reese Neal, and Jason Reddecliff.
Let’s see, what else?
The Botanical Garden of the Ozarks hosts the 3rd Annual Chefs in the Garden tonight at 6 p.m., there’s a Hog-A-Palooza event at the Greek Theater which promises free music, food and drinks, and TheatreSquared is back in action with another night of The 39 Steps.
There’s more, too.
From the calendar
- Arts & Entertainment
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: 3rd Annual Chefs in the Garden
- Sound Warehouse: The 1 oz. Jig Unplugged
- UA Greek Theater: Hog-A-Palooza
- Foghorn’s on College: Sarah Hughes
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Clint Scrivner
- Home Brewery: FLOPS Homebrewing Club
- Nadine Baum Studios: (T2) Alfred Hitchcock’s The 39 Steps
- Walton Arts Center: Susan Werner
- UARK Bowl & Ballroom: Songs in the ‘Ville
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Chris Craig
- Jose’s: TJ Scarlett
- Mojo’s: Pope County Bootleggers
- George’s: Even Heroes
- Powerhouse: The Heat
- AMP: Bret Michaels / Finding Jimmy Hoffa
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Sarah Hughes
- Public Meetings
- City Hall: Subdivision Committee – 9:00 a.m.
- City Hall: Telecommunications Board – 5:30 p.m.
- City Hall: Environmental Action Committee and Tree and Landscape Advisory Committee – 5:30 p.m.
- Yvonne Richardson Center: Southeast Fayetteville Community Center Meeting – 6:30 p.m.