Tuesday is non-Fayetteville easy news day here on the daily to-do post. Maybe you’ve already heard about some of this, maybe you haven’t.
Let’s get to it.
Jimi Heselden, the millionaire owner of the company that makes Segway scooters died on Sunday after an accident while riding – you guessed it – a Segway. No joke. The poor guy rode off a cliff on an off-road version called the Segway X2.
Green Day’s Billie Joe is going to be a Broadway actor in the onstage adaptation of his band’s American Idiot concept album.
Q: Did Sarah Palin get booed on Dancing with the Stars? A: Yes.
Tonight is your final opportunity to get out and about without having to deal with motorcycles. Personally, I don’t mind the week of BBBQ, but there are plenty of locals who flee town each year during the rally.
If you’re still around and are looking for something to do tonight, your choices are pretty limited.
You could head over to Scarpino’s to see some live jazz featuring a stage full of some incredible local talent, or you could check out some music at a few restaurants around town (list below).
Other than that, there’s a NORML/SSDP Back to School Bash at George’s, an Ozark Poets and Writers Collective event at Nightbird Books, and a two-day kayak roll clinic starts tonight at the HPER pool on campus.
Did we miss anything?
From the calendar
- Just Mondays: Sarah Hughes
- Nightbird Books: Ozark Poets and Writers Collective w/ Mike Thomas
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jeff Fox
- Teatro Scarpino: Live jazz
- Jose’s: Traveling Wheelbearings
- UA Campus: Kayak Roll Clinic
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Scott Miller
- George’s: NORML/SSDP Back to School Bash
- City Hall, Room 326: Home Depot Foundation Grant Meeting – 1:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 326: City Council Agenda Session (tentative agenda) – 4:30 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 326: Equipment Committee – 5:15 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 326: Street Committee (agenda) – 6:15 p.m.