Every year in September, we all hear about the official “first day of fall.”
According to the interwebs, fall usually starts on the 22nd or 23rd of the month. This year, it was the former. But I only know that because I Googled it.
In other words, the official “first day of fall” was less than two weeks ago, but I couldn’t remember anything about that day. Why? Because it’s not a calendar that dictates the beginning of fall.
It’s a hoodie.
Welcome to Fayetteville, fall.
Tuesday is unusually full of options this week.
There’s live music, movie meetups, a candlelight vigil, and even a dance class.
Starting at 7 p.m., there will be an all-star jam featuring Jason Davis, Earl Cate, Kory Montgomery, Larry Boehmer, David Watson, Ocie Fisher, and more. Charlie Musselwhite takes the stage after that.
If you haven’t seen The Social Network yet, there’s a networking social at 6:30 p.m. at the Malco Razorback Cinema. Networking social for The Social Network. I almost made a joke about that being a tongue twister, but then I said it out loud and it’s surprisingly easy to say. Boo.
There’s more to do. Just read the list.
Where’s the list?
Here’s the list
- Feltner Brothers: Charity hot dog eating competition
- UA Student Union: Plaza de las Americas
- Malco Razorback Cinema: The Social Network Movie Networking Social
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Effron and the Sticker Freaks
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jeff Fox
- Fayetteville Square: Candle Light Vigil for the Bullied
- George’s: Charlie Musselwhite
- Mt. Sequoyah: Music on the Mountain – Reese Neal
- Pesto Cafe: Jed Clampit
- Teatro Scarpino: Live jazz
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Cotopri Ensemble
- UA Campus: Popping class
- City Hall, Room 111: Civil Service Commission Meeting – 8:30 a.m.
- City Hall, Room 219: City Council Meeting (agenda) – 6:00 p.m.