In a couple of days, Mulberry Mountain will again be full of hula hoops, glow sticks, bare feet and maybe even a few bare chests.
Yes, it’s time for the Yonder Mountain String Band Harvest Music Festival. The YMSBHMF (can an acronym be that long?) Thursday and lasts through Saturday, Oct. 16.
Which leads us to today.
Whistle Pigs are on their way to Mulberry Mountain and will be stopping in town tonight. Dgold will interview them at around 8 p.m. on KXUA and then they’ll take the stage at George’s at about 10 p.m. If you like banjos, this one’s for you.
Walton Arts Center hosts everybody’s-calling-him-a-crooner-so-I’ll-refrain-and-just-call-him-Chris Isaak tonight at 7 p.m. Tickets start at $48 for balcony seats and work their way up to $76 for the main floor. (Insert joke using the word ‘Wicked’ here.)
There’s more tonight, too, including a garden walk at Botanical Garden of the Ozarks, live jazz at Scarpino’s and Jed Clampit at Pesto Cafe.
Oh, and if you’re looking to get out of town for the evening, there are still tickets left for the Band of Horses show in Tulsa.
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Garden Walk: Walk on the Wild Sid
- Fayetteville Town Center: Healthcare Reform in the Natural State
- Fayetteville Public Library: AAUW Hosts Candidate Forum
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Janice Yoes Studio Recital
- Teatro Scarpino: Live jazz
- Walton Arts Center: Chris Isaak
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Russ Hutchison
- Pesto Cafe: Jed Clampit
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jeff Fox
- George’s: Whistle Pigs
- City Hall, Room 326: City Council Agenda Session – 4:30 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 326: General Fund Budget Discussion – 5:30 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 111: Streamside Protection Ordinance Q&A Session – 5:30 p.m.