Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Thiel
Ward 2 Position 1 – Kyle B. Cook
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Robert K. Rhoads
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Shirley Lucas
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah E. Lewis
Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
November 2, 2010
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on November 2, 2010 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
City Council Agenda Session Presentations:
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
- Approval of the October 19, 2010 City Council meeting minutes.
- Fayetteville MSA Limited Partnership D/B/A Verizon Wireless Lease Agreement: A resolution approving a lease agreement extension with Fayetteville MSA Limited Partnership D/B/A Verizon Wireless for cell antenna space on the Township water tower.
- Sprint/Nextel Property Services LLP Lease Agreement: A resolution approving a lease agreement extension with Sprint/Nextel Property Services LLP for cell antenna space on the Mount Sequoyah water tower.
- City of Tontitown Inter-Local Agreement (Animal Sheltering): A resolution approving an inter-local agreement between the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas and the City of Tontitown, Arkansas to provide animal sheltering services to the City of Tontitown through the end of 2011.
- Bid #10-59 Carrier Corporation: A resolution awarding Bid #10-59 and authorizing a contract with Carrier Corporation in the amount of $58,620.00 for the purchase and installation of heating and air conditioning improvements for the Police Department building.
- Bid #10-63 King Electrical Contractors, Inc.: A resolution awarding Bid #10-63 and authorizing a contract with King Electrical Contractors, Inc. in the amount of $45,140.00 for the purchase and installation of lighting improvements for the Police Department building.
- Sweetser Construction, Inc. Change Order #3: Bryce Davis Park: A resolution approving Change Order #3 to a contract with Sweetser Construction, Inc. in the amount of $66,668.00 for the construction of phase three of Bryce Davis Park.
- 2010-2011 Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force Program Grant: A resolution authorizing acceptance of a 2010-2011 Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force Program continuation non-matching grant in the amount of $10,000.00 for the purchase of a forensic recovery of evidence device for the Fayetteville Police Department Special Investigations Unit.
- 2010 Bulletproof Vest Partnership Program Grant: A resolution authorizing acceptance of a fifty percent (50%) matching grant award from the 2010 Bulletproof Vest Partnership Program in the amount of $9,100.00 for the replacement of twenty-five (25) body armor vests, and approving a budget adjustment.
- Joe Perme Construction, Inc. Change Order: A resolution approving a change order to a contract with Joe Perme Construction, Inc. for improvements to a public facility building in the amount of $3,300.00 as part of the Community Development Block Grant Subrecipient Program.
- Delta Group Electronics, Inc.: A resolution to approve and certify the participation of Delta Group Electronics, Inc. in the Arkansas Tax Back Program and to agree to authorize DF&A to refund city sales tax back to Delta Group Electronics, Inc.
- Sweetser Construction Change Order No. 2: Drake Field Runway Safety Area Project: A resolution approving Change Order No. 2 to the contract with Sweetser Construction Co., Inc. for the Drake Field Runway Safety Area Project, approving a request for a grant amendment to the Federal Aviation Administration to authorize an increase in the approved grant request from the Arkansas Department of Aeronautics to an amount equal to ninety-five percent (95%) and five percent (5%) respectively of final project costs, and approving a budget adjustment.
B. Unfinished Business:
- Countryside Farm and Lawn of Springdale: A resolution authorizing purchase of a John Deere 7230 110 HP tractor with #741 loader from Countryside Farm and Lawn of Springdale pursuant to a competitive bid, through the National Joint Powers Alliance (NJPA) cooperative purchasing agreement, in the amount of $78,616.20 for use as part of wastewater treatment plant biosolids solar drying operations, and approving a budget adjustment. This resolution was removed from the Consent Agenda at the October 19, 2010 City Council meeting and Tabled to the November 2, 2010 City Council meeting.
C. New Business:
- Cato Springs Road Widening Project Condemnation and Possession: A resolution authorizing the City Attorney to seek condemnation and possession of certain lands owned by David and Susan Druding, Northwest Property Management, Richard Lee Watson, Ronald L. Troutman, Funland R.B.S., Inc., and Earl F. and Murlene G. Webb needed for the Cato Springs Road Widening Project.
- Highway 265 Water and Sewer Relocation Condemnation and Possession: A resolution authorizing the City Attorney to seek condemnation and possession of certain lands owned by The Salmon Family Trust, John A. and Linda L. Dominick, J. Andrew and Rebecca Baxter, Murphy R. and Betty N. Taylor, John David Brown, Doug W. and Melonie Ramsey, Corey E. and Amanda Osborne, Daniel J. and Deborah Jo Wright and John R. and Rebecca Ann Rutledge needed for water and sewer improvements along Crossover Road (State Highway 265).
- Residential Trash Rates: An ordinance waiving the requirement of Fayetteville Code of Ordinances Section 50.40(A)(4) for an automatic annual price adjustment of residential trash rates for fiscal year 2011.
- Commercial Trash Container Parts: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving the purchase of commercial trash container parts through a competitive quote process.
- Washington County Animal Shelter Partnership: A resolution to express the City Council’s willingness to explore the possibility and feasibility of partnering with Washington County to build and operate a county animal shelter for the use of all county residents including Fayetteville citizens.
All interested parties may appear and be heard before the City Council. If you wish to address the City Council on an agenda item please queue behind the podium when the Chair asks for public comment. Once the chair recognizes you, go to the podium and give your name and address. Address your comments to the Chair, who is the presiding officer. The Chair will direct your comments to the appropriate elected official, staff member or others for response. Please keep your comments brief, to the point and relevant to the agenda item being considered so that everyone has a chance to speak.
Interpreters or TDD for hearing impaired are available for all City Council meetings, a 72 hour advance notice is required. For further information or to request an interpreter, please call 575-8330.
As a courtesy please turn off all cell phones and pagers.
A copy of the City Council agenda is available at accessfayetteville.org or in the office of the City Clerk, 113 West Mountain, Fayetteville, Arkansas.