Are the months really flying by this fast? It’s already time for another First Thursday event on the square.
Before you know it, we’ll be chillin’ in the year 2015. That’s 2×1000. Plus 15. Years.
In other words, we’ll finally get those power laces and hoverboards we’ve been waiting for since 1985.
Enough about the future. Let’s talk about tonight.
Obviously, you should start with all the First Thursday fun on the square. There’s art, live music, food, drink, some sneak peeks at upcoming performances at ALT and WAC, and even a photo booth on Block Avenue (full guide here). Of course, you can fit all that in before party time, so here are some ideas.
If you’re not into that, there’s plenty more music around town tonight. Scott Leeper is at Smoke & Barrel, The Odds are at Mojo’s Pints & Pies, and The Mad Spirits might be at George’s with Will Gunselman (not confirmed yet).
That’s just a sampling. Here’s the full list of what we know. Add something in the comments if it’s missing.
From the calendar
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Faculty Showcase
- Little Bread Co.: ACE bowl sale/fundraiser
- East Square Plaza: Art show benefit for Friends of the Fayetteville Animal Shelter
- Fayetteville Underground: First Thursday – November
- Sound Warehouse: Laura Whitfield artist reception
- Ella’s: J. Lohr Wine Dinner
- Fayetteville Public Library: Find It and Fund It: Grant Seeking Basics
- Greenhouse Grille: Russ Hutchinson
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Dreamfast / Jarris(acoustic) / Amsterdam
- Pesto Cafe: Sarah Hughes
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: The Odds
- Dickson Theater: Joan of Arc / Perpetual Werewolf / The Counterlife
- George’s Majestic Lounge: The Mad Spirits & Will Gunselman
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Scott Leeper
- Whole Earth Organic Lounge: The Andrew Sieff Fusion Group
Fayetteville Public Meetings
- Planning Agenda Session and Tour: City Hall Room 111 – 4:00 p.m.
- Partners for Better Housing: City Hall Room 111 – 6:00 p.m.