After spending 16 years as host of “Late Night,” followed by seven months as the host of the “Tonight Show,” Conan O’Brien has spent the last eleven months as host of …a Twitter account.
Fortunately for his fans, O’Brien’s Sunday afternoon tweet was his best yet. “Tomorrow, I’ll be back where I truly belong – indoors, under artificial light.”
His new show, simply titled, “Conan,” premiers at 10 p.m. tonight on TBS.
His first guests set to appear tonight are actors Seth Rogen (Knocked Up), Lea Michele (Glee), and musician Jack White (The White Stripes). Other guests this week include Tom Hanks, Jon Hamm, Julie Bowen and Michael Cera.
Anybody else excited?
First and foremost, you should set aside some time tonight (or today) and head over to The Tale of The Tape where they’ve put together a great post titled No Particular Order: Conan O’Brien’s Eight Most Memorable Musical Guests.
Since the premiere of Late Night back in 1993, Conan and his team have put on a masterclass in music booking, giving seemingly hundreds of well deserved bands their network debuts. TBS has apparently given Conan plenty of control, so here’s hoping Team CoCo can continue in the tradition of Late Night by bringing new, exciting bands to the masses.
After you finish that off, you could pick something to do off the list below. It’s a short list, though. But then again, it’s Monday. That’s usually how it goes.
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Lyal Strickland
- UA Student Union: One Book One Community Film Series
- Nightbird Books: Kim O’Donnel – The Meatlover’s Meatless Cookbook
- Pesto Cafe: Darren Ray
- Barnhill Arena: Razorback Marching Band Spectacular
Fayetteville Public Meetings
- Advertising and Promotion Commission: Town Center – 12:00 p.m.
- Planning Commission: City Hall, Room 219 – 5:30 p.m.
- Animal Services Advisory Board: City Hall, Room 111 – 6:30 p.m.