Yesterday was cool. There was turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, rolls, broccoli casserole, and yams.
It was nice to hang out with your uncle (the normal one), and your cousins were pretty cute running around the house in their turkey outfits.
All that is over today, but there are three days left in this four-day weekend, and if you’re like me, you’re ready to eat a turkey sandwich, watch a little football, maybe trim the old Christmas tree, and then get the heck out of the house and do something tonight. That’s where these things come in.
The first cure for stir-craziness comes at George’s tonight at happy hour with Earl & Them in the garden, and Tiffany Christopher in the lounge. After that, guitar-master Kory Montgomery takes the stage. Also at George’s, UK producer and DJ Deekline is headlining “Beats & Gravy,” a dance-party slash food-drive in the garden.
Over at Rogue, the Staggering Odds are hosting a Black Friday Party, and Tyrannosaurus Chicken is at Smoke & Barrel.
There is a strong possibility that Arkansas’ first ever BCS bid could be on the line when the Hogs take on LSU in a football contest in Little Rock. He ought to know by know, but let’s hope that Les Miles finally learns to pronounce Arkansas by the end of this one. Game is at 2:30 p.m., and will be televised by CBS.
There are three chances to see the Pope County Bootleggers this weekend on the calendar, the first of which is Saturday night at Smoke & Barrel.
The lovely, and unbelievably talented Candy Lee is at Savor Saturday night minus the sweets. It’ll probably still be sweet, though.
Also Saturday night, The Ozark Blues Society is hosting the 9th annual installment of Blues in the Natural State over at George’s, featuring Jeff Chaz, 100 Proof, Nathan Aronowitz, and Eureka Springs’ Brick Fields Band.
Terra Studios is hosting another of their Sunday afternoon shows with Pope County Bootleggers on Sunday, and if you don’t feel like driving out there to see them, just wait a few hours, and see them at George’s for Monster Mug night. Or both. Whatever.
There’s more below, and feel free to add anything we missed in the comments. Happy four-day weekend, everyone.
- Friday, Nov. 26
- Ella’s: Tim Paul
- Greenhouse Grille: Walter Savage Jazz
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Darren & TJ
- Savor: Jones and Leah
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Tyrannosaurus Chicken
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Earl & Them / Tiffany Christopher / Kory Montgomery
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Staggering Odds Black Friday Party
- George’s Majestic Lounge: BEATS N’ GRAVY featuring DEEKLINE
- Saturday, Nov. 27
- El Sancho Mexican Grill: Karaoke
- Ella’s: Matt Smith
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Isayah’s All Stars
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Blues in the Natural State
- Savor: Candy Lee
- Rogue Pizza Co.: NWA Dubstep Takeover
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Pope County Bootleggers
- Sunday, Nov. 28
- Common Grounds: Justin Cauble / Tiffany Christopher
- Terra Studios: Pope County Bootleggers
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Sinfonia Chamber Orchestra Concert