It finally feels like winter.
I say that for two reasons. 1) Because it’s cold as heck and 2) I have a cold as heck.
It’s hard enough working when you’re sick. It’s even harder writing about things you stand no chance of being able to attend because you’ll be under a blanket coughing all night.
For example, there’s First Thursday on the square. The party starts at 5 p.m. and includes an indoor art walk, a fundraiser for the Fayetteville Animal Shelter, tons of affordable art for sale, and of course, fun. Which I won’t be having.
There’s also a party at George’s. Not a party-party, but a music-party. OK, it’s not a party at all, just a show. Unless, of course, someone brings party hats. Zoogma is in town and with them is Norman, Oklahoma’s Montu. Won’t make it.
Party option three is actually a party. A birthday party, that is. Smoke & Barrel’s own Lucio is the birthday boy and in his honor, there’s a free show at S&B tonight with Perpetual Werewolf, Six Hung Sprung, We Are Kilroy, and Arrowhead Project.
The list goes on and on and on. A show at GoodFolk, Dubstep at Speakeasy, and a sneak preview of an upcoming TheatreSquared holiday comedy at the Fayetteville Public Library.
See you there!
Arts & Entertainment
- Good Things Boutique: Holiday Open House w/ Tiffany Christopher
- Kathy P. Thompson Studios: Third Annual SLAAP Happy Holidy Sale
- Hjem Restaurant: Art Show to Benefit the Fayetteville Animal Shelter
- Fayetteville Underground: First Thursday: Art For the Holidays
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: UA Preparatory Orchestra – Strings and Piano Concert
- Fayetteville Public Library: TheatreSquared Previews Christmas Show
- Pesto Cafe: Sarah Hughes
- NWA Center for Equality: Youth Game Night
- GoodFolk: The Waymores
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: The Odds
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Six Hung Sprung / We Are Kilroy / Perpetual Werewolf / Arrowhead Project
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Zoogma / Montu
- Maxine’s: Michael White
- Speakeasy: Dubstep Thursdays: 12/2 w/ Hammerheart
- Partners for Better Housing: City Hall, Room 111 – 6:00 p.m.
- Fayetteville Council of Neighborhoods: City Hall, Room 326 – 6:00 p.m.