Bikes, Blues & BBQ Revs Up Donations to Local Nonprofits
WHO: Bikes, Blues & BBQ is inviting all local nonprofits receiving donations from this year’s rally, as well as event volunteer staff, board of directors and sponsors, to attend a special donation announcement event. Other invited attendees include the mayor and city council members.
WHAT: Bikes, Blues & BBQ is holding their donation funding announcement, revealing and honoring the local organizations benefiting from the annual event’s charitable efforts.
Interviews and photo opportunities with representatives from Bikes, Blues, & BBQ and each organization will be available throughout the event.
WHEN: Monday, Dec. 13, 2010
6:00 p.m., program begins. (Reception throughout)
WHERE: Fayetteville Town Center
15 West Mountain St.
WHY: The event is significant because:
- More than $140,000 was raised during the 2011 Bikes, Blues & BBQ event. This included:
- $75,000 will be distributed to 21 local nonprofit organizations.
- More than $65,000 was raised throughout the event as 19 additional charities and other nonprofits participated in event space donated by Bikes Blues & BBQ. These groups will be acknowledged for their efforts in raising awareness and funds for their organizations.
- The annual Bikes, Blues & BBQ rally completed its 10th year and is the largest motorcycle rally in the United States benefitting local charities.
- Past charity recipients include the Boys & Girls Club, Meals on Wheels, Peace at Home Family Shelter, Horses for Healing, Ozark Military Museum and more.
- To date, Bikes, Blues & BBQ has donated nearly $550,000 to local nonprofit organizations, with this donation event bringing the total to more than $625,000. Additional information may be found at www.bikesbluesandbbq.org.
# # #