Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Thiel
Ward 2 Position 1 – Kyle B. Cook
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Robert K. Rhoads
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Shirley Lucas
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah E. Lewis
Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
December 21, 2010
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on December 21, 2010 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
City Council Agenda Session Presentations:
- A Presentation & Final Report of the IT Assessment – Adam Rujan, Plante & Moran.
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
Alderman Kyle Cook
Alderman Robert Rhoads
Alderman Shirley Lucas
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
- Nominating Committee Report
- 2011 Governing Body Appointments:
- Active Transportation Advisory Committee Appointment
- Advertising & Promotion Commission
- 2011 Mayor Appointments:
- Northwest Arkansas Regional Planning Commission
- Equipment Committee
- Streets Committee
- Sewer Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Ordinance Review Committee
- Approval of the December 7, 2010 City Council meeting minutes.
- State Forfeiture Revenue: A resolution approving a budget adjustment to recognize state forfeiture revenue for budget year 2010 and to approve expenditures therefrom in the amount of $14,369.30.
- Federal Forfeiture Revenue: A resolution approving a budget adjustment to recognize federal forfeiture revenue for budget year 2010 and to approve expenditures therefrom in the amount of $16,815.11.
- Pinkley Sales Company: A resolution approving a contract with Pinkley Sales Company in the amount of $25,301.93 for the purchase of traffic preemption devices.
- Physio-Control, Inc.: A resolution authorizing a contract with Physio-Control, Inc. in the amount of $24,974.17, pursuant to a state procurement contract, for the purchase of eleven (11) automated external defibrillators for the Fayetteville Fire Department.
- Bid #10-61 Williams Tractor, Inc.: A resolution awarding Bid #10-61 and authorizing a contract with Williams Tractor, Inc. in the amount of $29,439.00 for the purchase of one 2206 all purpose H&S spreader for use in the wastewater biosolids solar drying project, and approving a budget adjustment.
- Bid #10-67 Aulick Industries: A resolution awarding Bid #10-67 and authorizing a contract with Aulick Industries in the amount of $72,784.00 for the purchase of one 2206 forty-two foot belted walking floor trailer for use in the wastewater bilsolids solar drying project, and approving a budget adjustment.
- Bid #10-69 Cruise Uniforms & Equipment, Inc.: A resolution awarding Bid #10-69 and authorizing a contract with Cruise Uniforms & Equipment, Inc. in the amount of $16,762.50, with four consecutive one year renewal options, for the purchase of uniforms for the Fayetteville Fire Department.
- Overlay/Sidewalk Projects: A resolution approving the Transportation Division Overlay/Sidewalk Projects list for 2011.
- Lake Sequoyah Bait Shop: A resolution authorizing a contract with Michael McBride in the amount of $20,000.00 to provide operation of the Lake Sequoyah Bait Shop.
- City of Farmington Amendment No. 2: A resolution approving Amendment No. 2 to the wastewater collection and treatment services contract with the City of Farmington.
- Watershed Conservation Resource Center Amendment No. 1: A resolution approving Amendment No. 1 to the Memorandum of Understanding with the Watershed Conservation Resource Center in the amount of $119,431.00 for a stream restoration project on a section of the West Fork of the White River adjacent to the Fayetteville Executive Airport, and approving a budget adjustment.
- Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. Supplemental Agreement No. 3: A resolution approving Supplemental Agreement No. 3 with Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. for engineering services for the Fayetteville Expressway Economic Development Corridor Project in the amount of $370,851.54, and approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $296,682.00.
- Dickson Street Entertainment District Parking Services: A resolution approving a contract with the Walton Arts Center Council, Inc. for the provision of parking-related services in the Dickson Street Entertainment District.
- Community Access Television, Inc.: A resolution approving a contract with Community Access Television, Inc. in the amount of $93,000.00 to provide public access television channel operation services for calendar year 2011.
B. Unfinished Business: None
C. New Business:
- Motorola, Inc.: An ordinance to waive formal competitive bidding and award a contract to Motorola, Inc. for the purchase of equipment and software for Fayetteville Public Safety’s Nine Channel Astro 25 IP Simulcast Radio System with Phase I to cost $5,759,471.00 with a contingency of $558,529.00 and waive further formal competitive bidding for Phase II and other necessary equipment and upgrades for a period of three years and to approve a budget adjustment of $4,659,732.00.
- Smith Communications, LLC: A resolution to approve two tower space and ground lease agreements with Smith Communications, LLC for a total annual rent of $36,000.
- RZN 10-3608 (Parker): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 10-3608, approximately 0.74 acre, located at 101 East Alice Street, from RSF-4, Residential Single-Family, 4 units per acre, to C-2, Thoroughfare Commercial, subject to the bill of Assurance.
- Amend Chapter 166: Development: An ordinance amending Title XV: Unified Development Code of the City of Fayetteville, to amend Chapter 166: Development, in order to require private street signs.
Amend Chapter 174: An ordinance amending Title XV: Unified Development Code of the City of Fayetteville, to amend Chapter 174: Signs to include signage designations for recently adopted zoning districts, to allow for limited wall signage for businesses approved by conditional use permit in the RSF and RT Zoning Districts, and other amendments.
- Fayetteville Youth Center, Inc.: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving a contract between the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas and Fayetteville Youth Center, Inc. in the amount of $205,350.00 to provide public recreation services for the youth and citizens of Fayetteville for 2011.
- Northwest Arkansas Economic Development District: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving a contract between the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas and the Northwest Arkansas Economic Development District in the amount of $53,350.00 to provide public recreation services for the senior citizens of Fayetteville for 2011.
- New World Systems Corporation: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving a three (3) year contract with New World Systems Corporation for public safety software service and maintenance in amounts of $95,221.00 for year 2011, $99,982.00 for year 2012, and $104,981.00 for year 2013, plus applicable sales taxes.
December 14, 2010
City Council & Library Board of Trustees Meet and Greet
Fayetteville Public Library
Drop-In from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
All interested parties may appear and be heard before the City Council. If you wish to address the City Council on an agenda item please queue behind the podium when the Chair asks for public comment. Once the chair recognizes you, go to the podium and give your name and address. Address your comments to the Chair, who is the presiding officer. The Chair will direct your comments to the appropriate elected official, staff member or others for response. Please keep your comments brief, to the point and relevant to the agenda item being considered so that everyone has a chance to speak.
Interpreters or TDD for hearing impaired are available for all City Council meetings, a 72 hour advance notice is required. For further information or to request an interpreter, please call 575-8330.
As a courtesy please turn off all cell phones and pagers.
A copy of the City Council agenda is available at accessfayetteville.org or in the office of the City Clerk, 113 West Mountain, Fayetteville, Arkansas.