First Thursday won’t be officially back in season until April, but that doesn’t mean all of the businesses on the square are going into hibernation for the next three months.
Tonight, Fayetteville Underground is having an art opening, Matt Miller Studios is celebrating Lauren Embree’s Whole Living feature, and Sound Warehouse is hosting Cut Fresh Daily, a photography by Kayla Moore. All that should begin around 5 p.m.
Down the street and around the corner at Greenhouse Grille, the folks who brought us the first ever Fayetteville Roots Festival are at it again and will present a preview of this year’s festival tonight. The event, Winter Root, will feature Fayetteville bands 3 Penny Acre and The Hobknobbers, who will be joined by Harrisonburg, VA’s The Steel Wheels. Admission is free, but a $10 suggested donation for the bands would be appreciated.
Elsewhere, there are DJ parties at both Smoke & Barrel (Jason Dub, Domewrekka, Bizar) and Speakeasy (Armada, Baby Armie), and JJ’s Grill n Chill has Russ Hutchison.
Know of anything else going on tonight that we missed?
- Matt Miller Studios: Whole Living Premiere & Showroom Grand Opening Gala
- Fayetteville Underground: Art openings
- Greenhouse Grille: Winter Root Concert
- OMNI Center: Inside the Arkansas Legislature
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Russ Hutchison
- Sound Warehouse: Cut Fresh Daily – Photography by Kayla Moore
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Jason Dub / Domewrekka / DJ Bizar
- Speakeasy: Dubstep Thursdays: Armada
- UA Basketball – Women: vs. Kentucky – Fayetteville, AR – 7:00 p.m.
- Planning Agenda Session and Tour*: City Hall, Room 219 – 4:00 p.m.
- Environmental Action Committee*: City Hall, Room 326 – 5:30 p.m.
- Partners for Better Housing: City Hall, Room 111 – 6:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel