Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Thiel
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah E. Lewis
Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
January 18, 2011
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on January 18, 2011 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
1. State of the City Address
- Approval of the January 4, 2011 City Council meeting minutes.
- Bid #10-70 King Electrical Contractors, Inc.: A resolution awarding Bid #10-70 and authorizing a contract with King Electrical Contractors, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $83,299.00 for lighting upgrades to the Water and Sewer Building, and approving a budget adjustment.
- Williams Tractor of Fayetteville: A resolution authorizing purchase of a Case Maxxum 125 tractor with Case L750 loader from Williams Tractor of Fayetteville, pursuant to a competitive bid through the National Joint Powers Alliance (NJPA) cooperative purchasing agreement, in the amount of $72,475.00 for use in Wastewater Biosolids Solar Drying Operations, and approving a budget adjustment.
- Amend Resolution No. 223-10: A resolution amending Resolution No. 223-10 to authorize the additional payment of applicable sales taxes for the purchase of an H&S all-purpose spreader for the Wastewater Biosolids Solar Drying Project, and approving a budget adjustment.
- Amend Resolution No. 224-10: A resolution amending Resolution No. 224-10 to authorize the additional payment of applicable sales taxes for the purchase of a walking floor trailer for the Wastewater Biosolids Solar Drying Project, and approving a budget adjustment.
- Garland Avenue Widening and Improvement Project: A resolution to express the agreement of the City Council to accept the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department’s offer to transfer some of their money designated for the Highway 112 and 71B Interchange Project to complete the Garland Avenue Widening and Improvement Project if the City transfers its Garland Avenue commitment to the Highway 112 and 71B Interchange Project scheduled for 2013.
B. Unfinished Business: None
C. New Business:
- Quarterly Recycling Reports: A resolution to recommend posting quarterly reports about recycling efforts and seeking new markets for additional recycled material.
- Unmarked Unit Program Bid Waiver: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving the purchase of used vehicles for the Police Department unmarked unit program in an amount not to exceed $25,000.00 per vehicle, and allowing existing unmarked units to be sold for trade-in value toward replacements.
- Buford Goff and Associates: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving a contract with Buford Goff and Associates in the total amount of $219,705.00 for consulting services related to the City’s Motorola radio project.
- Washington County Jail Services Interlocal Agreement: A resolution approving an amendment to the jail services interlocal agreement with Washington County, Arkansas, setting fees at $55.00 per booked prisoner for calendar year 2011.
All interested parties may appear and be heard before the City Council. If you wish to address the City Council on an agenda item please queue behind the podium when the Chair asks for public comment. Once the chair recognizes you, go to the podium and give your name and address. Address your comments to the Chair, who is the presiding officer. The Chair will direct your comments to the appropriate elected official, staff member or others for response. Please keep your comments brief, to the point and relevant to the agenda item being considered so that everyone has a chance to speak.
Interpreters or TDD for hearing impaired are available for all City Council meetings, a 72 hour advance notice is required. For further information or to request an interpreter, please call 575-8330.
As a courtesy please turn off all cell phones and pagers.
A copy of the City Council agenda is available at accessfayetteville.org or in the office of the City Clerk, 113 West Mountain, Fayetteville, Arkansas.