Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Thiel
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah E. Lewis
Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
February 15, 2011
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on February 15, 2011 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
City Council Agenda Session Presentations:
- Economic Development Contract Report – Chamber of Commerce
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
- Airport Board Annual Presentation – Ray Boudreaux
- Approval of the October 18, 2010 Joint Firemen’s Pension and City Council and February 1, 2011 City Council meeting minutes.
- Bid #11-15 Elk River Construction, Inc.: A resolution awarding Bid #11-15 and authorizing a contract with Elk River Construction, Inc. in the amount of $89,066.00 plus a five percent (5%) project contingency in the amount of $4,241.00 for the construction of stream restoration at Niokaska Creek in Sweetbriar Park and approving a budget adjustment of $9,066.00.
- Bid #11-17 ADS Environmental Services, LLC: A resolution awarding Bid #11-17 and authorizing the purchase of seventeen (17) sewer flow monitors from ADS Environmental Services, LLC in the amount of $136,528.63 for installation in the city sewer collection system.
- Police Recording System: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $43,000.00 moving unused funds designated for the police recording system to the police building remodeling project.
- Ogden Insurance Agency Donation Revenue: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $100.00 representing donation revenue received from Ogden Insurance Agency for the Fire Department’s annual employee service awards event.
- Garver, LLC: A resolution approving a contract with Garver, LLC in an amount not to exceed $38,200.00 for the performance of an environmental assessment study for the Van Asche Boulevard extension project between Gregg Avenue and Garland Avenue.
- McClelland Consulting Engineers, Inc. Task Order #4: A resolution approving task order #4 to the contract with McClelland Consulting Engineers, Inc. contingent upon receipt of grant funding, authorizing the application and acceptance of a grant from the Federal Aviation Administration and Arkansas Department of Aeronautics to fund the project, and approving a budget adjustment.
- Atlantic Machinery, Inc.: A resolution authorizing the purchase of a Schwarze A9000 sweeper from Atlantic Machinery, Inc. of Silver Spring, Maryland, pursuant to a competitive bid through the National Joint Powers Alliance (NJPA) cooperative purchasing agreement, in the amount of $190,100.00 for use by the Transportation Division, and approving a budget adjustment.
B. Unfinished Business:
- Amend Title XV: ADM 09-3480 (Streamside Protection): An ordinance amending Title XV: Unified Development Code of the City of Fayetteville, to amend Chapter 155: Appeals, Chapter 156: Variances, and Chapter 168: Flood Damage Prevention Code in order to establish Streamside Protection Zones and adopt a Protected Streams map and Best Management Practices Manual. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the February 3, 2011 City Council meeting.
- Huntingdon Heights Appeal: An appeal of the City Engineer’s determination regarding the driveway approach at 3172 Warwick Dr. This item was tabled at the February 3, 2011 City Council meeting to the February 15, 2011 City Council meeting.
C. New Business:
- Amend 2011 Adopted Budget: A resolution amending the 2011 city budget by re-appropriating up to $58,840,788.00 in bonded or ongoing capital projects, outstanding obligations and grant-funded items previously appropriated in the 2010 city budget but not completed or delivered in 2010.
- Ozarks Electric Cooperative Corporation Cost-Share Agreement: An ordinance to waive competitive bidding, to approve a cost-share agreement with Ozarks Electric Cooperative Corporation in the amount of $38,250.48 for the extension of power to the Stone Mountain Water Pump Station, to approve a project contingency of $7,500.00, and approve a budget adjustment of $45,751.00.
- RZN 10-3732 (Brown, 2600 Crossover Rd.): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 10-3732, for approximately 1.64 acres, located at 2600 Crossover Road from R-A, Residential Agricultural, to R-O, Residential Office.
- VAC 10-3735 (Firestone): An ordinance approving VAC 10-3735 submitted by H2 Engineering, Inc. for property located at 1965 Box Avenue to vacate a utility easement, a total of 240 square feet.
- Appeal Chapter 166.18 of the UDC: An appeal regarding staff interpretation of Chapter 166.18 of the UDC.
City Council Tour: Monday, February 14, 2011 at 4:30 p.m. – Appeal Chapter 166.18 of the UDC – Paradigm Building, LLC, Tracy Hoskins, 3155 N. College Avenue.
All interested parties may appear and be heard before the City Council. If you wish to address the City Council on an agenda item please queue behind the podium when the Chair asks for public comment. Once the chair recognizes you, go to the podium and give your name and address. Address your comments to the Chair, who is the presiding officer. The Chair will direct your comments to the appropriate elected official, staff member or others for response. Please keep your comments brief, to the point and relevant to the agenda item being considered so that everyone has a chance to speak.
Interpreters or TDD for hearing impaired are available for all City Council meetings, a 72 hour advance notice is required. For further information or to request an interpreter, please call 575-8330.
As a courtesy please turn off all cell phones and pagers.
A copy of the City Council agenda is available at accessfayetteville.org or in the office of the City Clerk, 113 West Mountain, Fayetteville, Arkansas.