The Walton Arts Center is hosting a special whiskey tasting event tonight with Robert Sickler of Diageo, an alcoholic beverages company that owns a variety of high profile brands such as Smirnoff, Guinness, Captain Morgan, and Tanqueray, among others.
This will be Sickler’s second appearance in Northwest Arkansas and tonight’s menu includes Crown Royal Deluxe, Black, Reserve, Cask No. 16, XR and Bulleit Bourbon as well as light appetizers.
The tasting starts at 7 p.m. in the Starr Theater. Tickets are $50 and can be purchased at waltonartscenter.org.
Just up the street at Nightbird Books, Candy Lee will perform original songs and talk about how she writes lyrics at the monthly Ozark Poets and Writers Collective meeting. This event also begins at 7 p.m.
What else? There are a few more choices below.
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jeff Fox
- Walton Arts Center: A Whiskey Tasting
- Nightbird Books: OPWC Open Mic with Candy Lee
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Blues night jam session
- Teatro Scarpino: Calle Soul: Latin Jazz/Salsa
- City Hall: City Council Agenda Session * (agenda) – 4:30 p.m.
- City Hall: Equipment Committee * – 5:15 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk