Who’s ready to party? If you answered “Me,” “I am,” “This guy,” or “Woo” in your head just now (or out loud), you’ve come to the right place.
There are more than 30 opportunities to let your hair down, put on your dancing hat, and wobble your head around letting out guttural hoots and hollers, and that’s not even counting the early festivities leading up to Fat Tuesday next week.
There should also be time for at least two naps in between items this weekend, which will come in extremely handy later on in the evenings as things start to get crazy.
Have fun. Weekend!
Little Rock songwriter Adam Faucett will be at Maxine’s Friday night, coming off a sold-out CD release show at White Water Tavern last weekend. William Blackart and locals Real Live Tigers will open the show.
There’s a book signing Friday night at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church with Howard Zehr, author of What Will Happen To Me. The book is a collection of thought and stories from children whose parents are in prison, and sales from the book benefit children and families impacted by parental incarceration in Arkansas.
Remember those two awesome Teenagers EP’s we told you about recently? Well, Teenagers is ready to play some shows now, and they’ll be at Smoke & Barrel with Plaid Jackets Friday night.
It’s Mardi Gras time, and the Fat Saturday Parade of Fools is rolling from the square down to Dickson Street starting at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday. There are more Mardi Gras festivities scheduled for later on, with a Masquerade of Fools / Funky Town Ball happening at 8 p.m. at East Square Plaza.
Their last attempt to come to Fayetteville was foiled by one of our February snowstorms, but Denton, TX’s New Science Projects are gonna make it to town this time for a show at The Lightbulb Club Saturday with The Brothel Sprouts and Swimming.
If you like resonator guitars, a drummer that uses a 5-gallon bucket as a floor tom, and awesome washboard players, you should check out Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band at George’s Saturday night. Locals Honeyshine are opening, and they also have a washboard player. Dueling washboards? Also at George’s, Fools For Rowan are playing the lounge for free.
Wanna ride your bike to Mountainberg and back? The Bicycle Coalition of the Ozarks is hosting their annual Highway 71 Classic on Sunday featuring a mostly level ride to Brentwood and back, and a more challenging ride to Mountainberg if you’re feeling up to it. Registration is at 8 p.m. in the Mill District.
Jucifer hasn’t been in town in a really long time, but they’ll be at Rogue on Sunday night with Hour 13, Story of the Eye, and Sockparty. They’re also the loudest band I’ve ever seen in my life.
Kansas bluegrass band Dead Man Flats is at George’s Sunday Night for Monster Mug night, or you could show off your own skills at Jody’s Living Room open mic night at LIT.
There’s tons more below, and as always, feel free to add to the list in the comments. Party.
- Friday, March 4
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Orchid Society Show and Sale
- St. Paul’s Episcopal: Howard Zehr book signing
- Greenhouse Grille: Matt Smith – Jazz
- Ella’s: Sarah Hughes
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Zoogma / The Werks and White Noise / Full House
- Walton Arts Center: Masquerade Ball
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Nu UnYun
- Maxine’s Tap Room: Adam Faucett / William Blackart / Real Live Tigers
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Plaid Jackets, Teenagers
- UA Student Union: FNL Battle of the Bands
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Matt Knoble
- Saturday, March 5
- Fayetteville Public Library: Family Orchestra Performance
- Arts Live Theatre: Jungle Book Auditions
- East Square Plaza: Masquerade of Fools / Funkytown Ball
- Fayetteville Square: Fat Saturday Parade of Fools
- Greenhouse Grille: Shannon Wurst
- Ella’s: Lorie Morris
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Holy Shakes / Blue Screen Skyline / Fauxnz
- Walton Arts Center: Arturo Sandoval
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jason Strode
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band / Honeyshine / Fools For Rowan
- Rogue Pizza Co.: EKG / Dreamfast / Free Micah / Lilo Eskimo / Adam Bomb / MIXX TENN
- The Lightbulb Club: New Science Projects / The Brothel Sprouts / Swimming
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Buddy Shute
- Sunday, March 6
- Greenhouse Grille: Pat Pathoumthong
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: John Harrison Opera Foundation – Opera Screening
- Mill District Lot: Highway 71 Classic
- Pesto Cafe: Shannon Wurst
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Sourvein / Jucifer / Hour 13 / Story of the Eye / Sockparty
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Dead Man Flats
- LIT: Jody’s Living Room open mic