If you’re looking to save a little money tonight without sacrificing an evening of fun, there are a few choices on the Tuesday to-do list.
For starters, the Walton Arts Center’s Artosphere Festival Orchestra series is now free. Tonight’s event, American Soundscapes with music director Corrado Rovaris and soprano saxophonist Daniel Schnyder is at 7 p.m. in the art center’s Baum Walker Hall.
Although it’s a free event, tickets are required for entry and can be picked up at the door or at the box office. There are no online tickets available. More info here.
Also tonight, there’s a handful of free live music and meeting options to choose from.
If you like debates, tonight’s City Council meeting is sure to please. The second of three expected meetings to discuss a proposed smoking ban in all Fayetteville bars is on the agenda. Word on the street is that a group of resident who are against the ban are getting together before the meeting to plan their arguments.
- Fayetteville Square: Fayetteville Farmers’ Market
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Earth Day at the Garden
- Nightbird Books: Professional Women’s Network
- Big Momma’s: First-ever Gayetteville meeting
- JJ’s Grill: TJ Scarlett
- Walton Arts Center: Artosphere Festival Orchestra American Soundscapes
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Blues Jam
- US Pizza Co: Sarah Hughes
- Teatro Scarpino: Live jazz
- Baum Stadium: Arkansas Baseball vs. UT Martin – 6:35 p.m.
- Walton Arts Center, McBride Studio: Walton Arts Center Council Board Meeting – 4:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 326: Historic District Commission Special Meeting * – 5:30 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 219: City Council Meeting * (agenda) – 6:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk