Here we are at another Thursday. They seem to be coming at least once a week these days. Must be this crazy weather.
Unlike gallon after gallon of rain, however, Thursdays are good. The calendar is usually full which means the forecast for being bored and having a worthy excuse is partly whatever with a strong chance of yeah right.
This particular Thursday is the third one we’ve had in May which means it’s time for KXUA’s Third Thursdays at the Lightbulb Club. Tonight’s event showcases three different DJ sets from three unique performers: Baby Armie, current resident DJ at Speakeasy, Mandelhog (aka Messy Sparkles, aaka JD Paul), and KXUA’s own DJ E-Yo.
“We’re three people with different tastes in music, and we’re going to be playing whatever we feel like,” Baby Armie told us. “We’ll most likely be switching it up between more uptempo danceable music and slower stuff. It will be a highly eclectic night in the spirit of KXUA.”
As far as more live music, Scott Leeper is at Smoke & Barrel, Full House is at Powerhouse, and Ray Wylie Hubbard is at George’s. That’s only about half of it.
On other fronts, there’s a Rock the Runway for Education benefit at the Arkansas Air Museum, Arts Live Theatre’s The Jungle Book is at UARK Ballroom, and there’s a poetry slam at Rogue.
The full list
- Mill District Lot: Mill District Farmers’ Market
- Fayetteville Square: Fayetteville Farmers’ Market
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Student recitals
- Ozark Natural Foods: Cooking Demo featuring Chef Lou Rice
- Fayetteville Public Library: FPL Screens The Green Hornet for Teens
- Nadine Baum Studios: Disfarmer – 2011 Arkansas New Play Fest
- Drake Field: Rock the Runway for Education
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Succulent and Cacti Lecture
- JJ’s Grill: Jeff Fox
- UARK Ballroom: The Jungle Book – Arts Live Theatre
- St. Paul’s Episcopal: The Nature of Strings: Old City Quartet
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Cathead Biscuit
- Powerhouse Seafood: The Full House Band
- Foghorn’s on College: Morgan Williams
- Jose’s: Lil Hoojin
- Pesto Cafe: Sarah Hughes
- Dickson Street Pub: Josh Richardson (Crazy Neighbor)
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Poetry Slam: Verbal Kombat
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Ray Wylie Hubbard
- The Lightbulb Club: KXUA DJ sets: Baby Armie / Messy Sparkles / DJ E-Yo
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Scott Leeper
- City Hall, Room 219: Arkansas Recycling Coalition Presentation – 9:00 a.m.
- City Hall, Room 326: Special Firemen’s Pension and Relief Fund Board of Trustees * – 3:30 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 111: Planning Agenda Session and Tour * – 4:30 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 326: Telecommunications Board * – 5:30 p.m.
- Yvonne Richardson Center: Southeast Fayetteville Community Center Meeting – 6:30 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk