The 2011 Gulley Park Summer Concert Series kicks off tonight with Austin-based, Latin roots rocker Patricia Vonne. The free show starts at around 7 p.m. at Gulley Park (duh) as long as the weather cooperates. You bring the chairs. Vonne’s got the castanets.
If you were planning on heading over to Maxine’s to see Operator Dead, we’ve got good news and bad news. The bad news is Operator Dead had to cancel. The good news is that Fauxnz and Taifas are still playing.
Also tonight, there’s a DJ party at Smoke & Barrel, a party on the Powerhouse patio with 1 Oz. Jig, Songs in the ‘Ville at UARK Ballroom, and a poetry reading at Nightbird Books with locals Martin Bemberg and Roger Barrett.
More music, comedy, and public meetings below.
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- JJ’s Grill: Chooch & the Sidehill Gougers
- Powerhouse Seafood: 1 Oz. Jig
- Gulley Park: Patricia Vonne
- AMP: The Band Perry / Sunny Sweeney / Amanda Cramer
- Foghorn’s on College: Darren Ray
- Jose’s: Earl & Them
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Double Tough with Robe Flax, XiumapeldaveQ, and Shortfuze
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: KUAF Fulbright Summer Chamber Music Festival
- UARK Ballroom: Songs in the ‘Ville
- Walton Arts Center: Ron White: Behavioral Problems Tour
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Bruce Parker
- Nightbird Books: Poetry Reading: Martin Bemberg / Roger Barrett
- Maxine’s Tap Room: Taifas / Fauxnz
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Margo Rey
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Rough Draftz / Lemon Head
- Adams Leadership Center: Fayetteville School Board Meeting (agenda) – 5:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 111: Housing Authority Board of Commissioners * – 6:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 326: Fayetteville Council of Neighborhoods * – 6:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk