By now, you’ve probably heard that come July 24, same-sex couples in New York can officially tie the knot. Yes, New York became the sixth, and largest, state to legalize gay marriage after Governor Cuomo signed the bill into law at 11:15 p.m. on Friday.
So who’s excited? Neil Patrick Harris is. So are Lady Gaga, Pink and Cyndi Lauper. The list, of course, could go on and on considering the fact that the number of LGBT Americans who can now legally wed has effectively doubled.
In New York, the Empire State Building was lit with rainbow flood lights.
Locally, the three-block-long NWA Pride Parade marched through downtown Fayetteville Saturday morning to mark the end of All Out June. NWAOnline has a gallery of great photos, FYI.
Here are some choices for Monday night fun.
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Flying Wild Workshop for Teachers
- JJ’s Grill: Brandon White
- Pesto Cafe: Darren Ray
- The Perk: Open acoustic jam
- Powerhouse Seafood: Karaoke
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Brandy Armstrong
- Rogue Pizza Co.: JudgeMENTAL
- City Hall Room 219: Planning Commission * – 5:30 p.m.
- City Hall Room 111: Ward 4 Meeting * – 7:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk