It’s time for another (the first) edition of RNITFO (pronouned Ruh-nit-foe), which, of course, stands for “Right Now In The Flyer Office.” It gives everyone who is just dying to know exactly what is happening right this very minute inside the Flyer office the chance to hear all the juicy (expectation-meeting) details.
Here ya go.
Right now, Todd is: Simultaneously writing this post, making a list of photos to take later this morning (College Avenue, Einstein Bagels, EJ Ball Building), reading a blog post over at Arkansas Times titled “Sales tax holidays: A gimmick’s flaws” and listening to tracks from The Young Maths who are playing at George’s tonight.
Right now, Dustin is: Finishing up a restaurant news post that Todd has to take a couple photos for, listening to Bon Iver, and trying to verify that the UA begins classes on Aug. 22.
Right now, Sadie is: Sleeping by the orange chair.
Besides The Young Maths, which we mentioned above, locals Christmas Fuller Project are also playing at George’s Majestic Lounge tonight. This is notable for two reasons: 1) They’re a great local band and 2) It’s your second-to-last chance to ever see them play.
“We’ve had a fun run as a band,” drummer Cameron Heger told us yesterday, “but with everyone getting married and now with (bassist) Aaron Hopwood moving away to Portland, CFP is coming to an end.”
Sad, right? The guys will play a farewell/CD release show for their latest, “Roman Candle Wars”, Saturday night at Mama Carmen’s in Fayetteville.
Also on today’s calendar, local singer-songwriter Shannon Wurst will release her first children’s album, “Green and Growing: roots music for eco-kids” at 2:30 p.m. in the Fayetteville Public Library. Wurst says volunteering at the Kerrville Folk Festival’s Kidsville inspired her to create an album that reflected responsible environmental practices that kids could get excited about, but music that parents could also love.
There’s more today, too.
Get a birthday!
Locals: Don McSpadden, Frederick Peace, Wendy Elaine Ellis, Nikkiah Silvey, Conor Christian
Others: Singer-songwriter Mick Jagger is 68, actress Helen Mirren is 66, and drummer Roger Taylor (Queen) is 62. Also, director Stanley Kubrick (1928-1999) and actress Vivian Vance (1909-1979).
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Fayetteville Public Library: Shannon Wurst
- Common Grounds: Stitch and Bitch
- JJ’s Grill: Jones ‘n Leah
- Lewis & Clark Outfitters: Mountain Bike Ride
- Teatro Scarpino: Live jazz
- Pesto Cafe: Jed Clampit
- West End: Comedy Open Mic Night
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Karaoke
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Young Maths / Belair / Christmas Fuller Project
- Room 326: City Council Agenda Session * (agenda) – 4:30 p.m.
- Room 326: Street Committee * (agenda) – 5:15 p.m.
- Room 111: Trail Trekkers Training (info) – 5:30 p.m.
- Room 111: FFEAC Local Food Action Group – 7:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk