We’ve checked, and of all the amazing things that could be happening in Fayetteville this weekend, there are only two things missing.
That’s right. This weekend is only a margarita tasting and a monster truck rally short of perfection.
We were so close. Better luck next weekend.
Jimmy Thackery will kick off game this game-weekend for happy hour at George’s Majestic Lounge at around 6 p.m, with special guests Earl Cate and Terry Cagle. Later on, Universal music recording artist David Nail will be singing some country songs.
Seven-piece Conway, AR band Don’t Stop Please is going to be way more comfortable on the new, larger stage at Smoke & Barrel Friday night. Have you seen it yet? Jeff Kearney is opening the show.
Springfield, MO garage-y punk band Suzi Trash is back in town for a show at The Lightbulb Club with The Thunderlizards and Taifas.
As far as magic shows go, there’s really only one to see in Fayetteville Friday night that we know of. Australian magician James Galea will be performing some tricks at Walton Arts Center. Show starts at 8 p.m.
There’s a comedy show at UARK Bowl with The Expendables of Comedy featuring Marcus Lane, Anthony Waits, Doug Shadell, and Seth Dees. Four comics for $10. Show starts at 9 p.m.
There are a few chances to see TheatreSquared’s Boeing-Boeing at Nadine Baum Studios this weekend if you haven’t seen it yet. Here’s more info.
When I was a kid, my parents always talked about what a bad-butt former Razorback Sidney Moncrief was. On Saturday, the 5-time NBA All-Star will conduct a book signing at 10 a.m. at Fayetteville Public Library. If you went, you could try to challenge him to a game of horse. Just an idea.
The Razorback football team is taking on the dumb old Troy Trojans at Reynolds Razorback Stadium Saturday night. Kickoff is at 6:30 p.m., and the game will be televised by CSS/CST. Wanna win a free shirt? Guess the score and you’re entered.
Phunbags Comedy Improv will be doing some skits at UARK Bowl Saturday night if you need a laugh or two after watching the Razorbacks slaughter the Trojans.
There’s an awesome hip-hop show at Smoke & Barrel Tavern Saturday night with Little Rock’s Epiphany and Gina Gee headlining Lucio’s Grown Folks Night.
It looks like the Robert Earl Keen show at George’s is close to selling out, at least if that little flame on the ticketing site is any indication (it usually is). Emory Quinn will open the show.
There’s a huge show at George’s on Sunday to raise money for the victims of the Denning tornadoes from last Spring. 15 bands, including Well, Well, Well, FOS Project, Damn Arkansas, Sound Child Crew, and more will perform beginning at 3 p.m.
Earlier this week, we wrote a little ditty about Voyageurs, who happen to be at the Lightbulb Club Sunday night with Denver, CO bands Woodsman and Poppy Red.
Seryn, playing at Smoke & Barrel Tavern Sunday night, was named one of the best performers at SXSW 2011 by Paste Magazine.
Bob Bova, Lacy Denson Haguewood, Justin Whitaker, Daniel Dean, Kayln Williams, Katherine Cooke-Skelton, Jamie Thornton, Mike Clark, Rachel Townsend, Matt Taylor, Sarah Mitchell, Ashley Niblett, Mandy Sue, Travis Stallbories, Paul St.Clair, Taylor Housley Sutton, Amy Devine, Ben Clark, Bobby Smittle, Bobby Scarbrough, Brad Choate, Philicity Sivley, Jan Wicks, Steve Matthew Nelson, Dan Cypert, Laura Christina Hamilton, Christopher Burchell, Adam Bell, Christy Walker McCreight, Debra Lee, Hayden Ball, Kalyn Cavalier, Jodi Sundermeier, Jennifer Forrest, Stacey Bailey, Samantha S Sauerwein, Laurie Lee Masterson, Tyler Casey Callich, Travis Keymer
Friday, Sept. 16
- Greenhouse Grille: Matt Smith Jazz
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Claudia Burson Trio / Brown Soul Shoes
- Savor: Teddy & Jody
- Powerhouse Seafood: Leah & The Mojo Doctors
- Nadine Baum Studios: TheatreSquared’s Boeing-Boeing,
- UARK Bowl: Stand Up Comedy featuring The Expendables of Comedy
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: RJ Mischo
- Foghorn’s on College: Michael Shaw
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Jimmy Thackery / David Nail
- JJ’s Grill: Keith Nicholson
- Billy’s Grill: JuJu Juggernauts
- Walton Arts Center: James Galea: I Hate Rabbits
- The Wine Cellar: Jovan & Jake / Jim Goza
- Kingfish: Charliehorse
- West End: Guta
- Dickson Street Pub: Justin Leflar
- Rowdy Beaver Den: Dirty Dogs
- JR’s Lightbulb Club: Suzi Trash / The Thunderlizards / Taifas
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Don’t Stop Please
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Groovement
- Jose’s: Staggering Odds
- Hjem Restaurant: Brick Fields
Saturday, Sept. 17
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Fayetteville Public Library: NBA’s Sydney Moncrief book signing
- Arts Live Theatre: Cinderella auditions
- Rogue Pizza Co.: The Two Elevens / Benjamin Del Shreve
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Walter Savage Group / Brown Soul Shoes
- Savor: Dolan Sanderson
- UARK Bowl: PHUNBAGS Comedy Improv
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Kathy Cole and Buddy Shute
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Robert Earl Keen / Emory Quinn
- JJ’s Grill: Mike & Grady
- Jose’s: Dave Stiles Band
- Scarpino: Soul Night
- Dickson Street Pub: Chris Parker
- Rowdy Beaver Den: The Bull Frogs
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Lucio presents Grown Folks w/ Epiphany
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Blues Dudes
Sunday, Sept. 18
- Greenhouse Grille: Beth Stockdell
- Common Grounds: DJ SoulFree
- Fayetteville Public Library: Climate Change Book Forum
- Nadine Baum Studios: TheatreSquared’s Boeing-Boeing,
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: John Harrison Opera Foundation Screening
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Arkansas Disaster Relief Festival
- Nightbird Books: Howl – open mic for women
- Scarpino: Gospel Lounge
- JR’s Lightbulb Club: Woodsman / Voyageurs / Poppy Red
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Seryn