The Fayetteville City Council held a regular meeting at 6 p.m. Oct. 4, 2011 in room 219 of City Hall located at 113 W. Mountain Street.
Below is a very brief recap of items discussed and voted on during Tuesday night’s meeting.
Present: Adella Gray, Brenda Boudreaux, Mark Kinion, Matthew Petty, Mayor Jordan, Justin Tennant, Bobby Ferrell, Rhonda Adams, Sarah Lewis
The council voted 8-0 to approve a bid waiver for the repair of a “channel monster grinder” unit a lift station pump from JWC Environmental at a cost of $28,472.37.
All eight consent items passed* the council Tuesday night.
*Item #4,Bid #11-49 Second Nature Property Management, LLC, was pulled from consent and later approved 8-0.
- Revised Ward Boundaries: An ordinance to approve revised Ward Boundaries to
equalize ward populations after the 2010 Federal Census. This ordinance was left on the second reading at the Sept. 20 council meeting. (Pass 8-0)
- RZN 11-3866 (2013 E. Mission Blvd./Ruskin Heights): An ordinance rezoning 28.93 acres of property at 2013 East Mission Boulevard from R-PZD (Residential Planned Zoning District), to CS (Community Services); NC (Neighborhood Conservation); and RSF-4 (Residential Single Family, 4 units/acre), subject to a Bill of Assurance. This ordinance was left on the second reading at the Sept. 20 council meeting. (Pass 8-0)
- Arkansas State Highway (Crossover Road): A resolution authorizing payment of $1.3 million to the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department as the city’s portion of construction costs associated with the widening of State Highway 265 (Crossover Road) from Mission Boulevard to Joyce Street, with a $200,000 contingency. (Pass 8-0)
- RZN 11-3892 (Fayette Junction Master Plan): An ordinance rezoning approximately 225 acres of property located within the Fayette Junction Master Plan area. (Left on second reading)
- RZN 11-3916 (Holcomb Heights PZD/TTO LLC: An ordinance rezoning 19.24 acres of property at the southwest corner of Salem and Weir Road from R-PZD (Residential Planned Zoning District), to RSF-8 (Residential Single-Family, 8 units per acre). (Left on second reading)
- ADM 11-3943 Belclaire Subdivision-Amendment to Bill of Assurance): An ordinance to amend Section 3 of Ordinance No. 4605 to amend the Bill of Assurance to reduce the minimum house size from 2,400 square feet to 2,000 square feet. (Left on second reading)
- ADM 11-3948 (Oakland Courts Right-of-Way Dedication): A resolution to approve a lesser right-of-way dedication than required by the Master Street Plan for property located on Storer Avenue between North Street and Hazel Street. (Pass 8-0)
- Amend XXI Rules of Conduct for all Fayetteville Boards, Commissions and Committees: An ordinance updating the eligibility and attendance requirements for those serving on boards, commissions and committees. (Pass 8-0)
- 2011 Millage Levy: An ordinance levying a tax on the real and personal property within the city limits for the year 2011 fixing the rate thereof at 1.3 mills for General Fund operations, 0.4 mills for the Firemen’s Pension and Relief Fund, 0.4 mills for the Policemen’s Pension and Relief Fund and 1 mill for the Fayetteville Public Library; and certifying the same to the County Clerk of Washington County, Arkansas. (Pass 8-0)