With a little more than 3,200 of Fayetteville’s 42,732 registered voters casting ballots in yesterday’s special election, it’s fairly safe to say voter turnout was a little on the small side.
OK, a lot on the small side.
The news must go on, though, so here’s deal: It passed by about 75 percent, which is just a few percentage points off from the Fayetteville Flyer poll results. As usual, the Flyer community is on top of it.
Speaking of the Flyer, our server has taken quite a pounding since the posting of Drew Wilson’s photo of the Kappa Sigma banner which flew for a few minutes yesterday afternoon. We have a feeling the virality of that photo is just getting started.
Locals: Deborah Sabo, Jonathan Phillips, Dave Morris, Jason Cuce, Jenn James, Zac Lehr, Lee Miller, Makenna Brennan, Tony Pothen, Carol Goforth and Sandra Hendricksen.
Others: Actor Carlos Bernard (24) is 49, Jazz musician Chris Botti is 49, actor Hugh Jackman is 43, fiddle player Martie Maguire (Dixie Chicks) is 42, actor Kirk Cameron is 41, and skier Bode Miller is 34.
*Send us your local birthday shout outs.
According to our calendar, it’s DJ night in Fayetteville.
Smoke & Barrel Tavern hosts KXUA DJs The Boom Operator and The Gaffer of The Drive-in Speakerbox for another edition of Tavern Trivia. Make sure to check out the Drive-in Speakerbox Facebook page for this week’s bonus question.
JR’s begins a new weekly DJ party and canned food drive tonight. Donations go to Seven Hills Homeless Center and the first DJ set to spin is JR’s own Wade Ogle.
There’s more than just DJs tonight, though. Here’s a list:
- Greenhouse Grille: Davd Malm
- JJ’s Grill: TJ Scarlett
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Russ Hutchison / Ben Harris Group
- Jose’s: Karaoke
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Guest Artist, James DeVoll – Flute
- Dickson Street Pub: Andrew Floy
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Tavern Trivia
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Derick Van Lynn
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Drew Barker / DJ Shortfuze / Yung Spitta
- JR’s Lightbulb Club: Guest DJs / Canned food drive
- City Hall, Room 326: Bid Opening Bid 11-61 Alum Storage Tank – 2:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 111: Urban Forestry Advisory Board * – 4:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 326: Active Transportation Advisory Committee * – 5:30 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk