If you have plants that you can bring inside, you’d better do so pronto. The National Weather Service is predicting the first frost of the year overnight tonight. (National Weather Service)
The University of Arkansas will outline their athletic facilities master plan today. A press conference will be held at 2 p.m., and if you’re interested, you can watch it live at arkansasrazorbacks.com. (UA Athletics)
Fayetteville police are on the lookout for a Madison County inmate who escaped capture during a work detail several weeks ago. Police said the suspect, who was incarserated on a traffic charge, was spotted at Fifteenth Street and School Avenue on Monday. (KHBS)
Locals: Chris Harvey, Teddy Cardwell, Anthony McGuire, Nicolette Gawthrop, Shauna Abernathy Sterling
Others: Singer-guitarist Chuck Berry is 85, actress Dawn Wells (“Gilligan’s Island”) is 73, actor Jean-Claude Van Damme is 51, jazz trumpeter Wynton Marsalis is 50, R&B singer Ne-Yo is 32, country singer and American Idol contestant Josh Gracin is 31, and actor Zac Efron is 24.
*Send us your local birthday shout outs.
After a morning of technical difficulties, it appears as though everything is back to normal here at the Flyer. We are just a bit behind, however. We’ll catch up, though.
Tonight, Bentonville-native-turned-Nashville singer/songwriter Josh Noren is in town for a show at George’s Majestic Lounge. Welcome back, Josh.
Elsewhere, there’s comedy at West End, a poetry slam at Rogue, or you could get your ballroom-dance on at Scarpino.
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Josh Noren
- JJ’s Grill: Mo Brothers
- West End: Comedians NWA presents Comedy Open Mic
- Scarpino: Ballroom Dancing
- Rowdy Beaver Den: Open mic
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Masquerade Slam
- Pesto Cafe: Jed Clampit
- Fayetteville Square: Fayetteville Farmers’ Market
- City Hall, Room 111 City Council Meeting* (agenda) – 6:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk