The Fayetteville City Council held a regular meeting at 6 p.m. Dec. 6, 2011 in room 219 of City Hall located at 113 W. Mountain Street.
Below is a brief recap of items discussed and voted on during Tuesday night’s meeting.
Present: Adella Gray, Brenda Boudreaux, Mark Kinion, Matthew Petty, Mayor Jordan, Bobby Ferrell, Rhonda Adams, Sarah Lewis
Absent: Justin Tennant
Eight of the 11 items on the consent agenda passed the council Tuesday night.
Items 3, 10 and 11 were pulled from consent. Item 3 “Premier Lighting Group” [PDF, 2] was pulled and tabled and needs an amended resolution. Item 10 “Midtown Alley” [PDF] was pulled to discuss possible alternate names such as Diagon Alley and Shipley Alley, but was tabled until the next meeting. Item 11 “Pick-It Construction, Inc.” [PDF] was pulled and tabled and needs an amended dollar amount.
- 2012 Annual Budget and Work Program [PDF]: A resolution adopting the 2012 Annual Budget and Work Program. (Pass 6-1, Bobby Ferrell voted no)
- ADM 11-3782 Cottage House Development [PDF]: An ordinance to enact a Cottage Housing Development section into the city code and to amend Chapter 161 Zoning District to authorize Cottage Housing Developments as a right in multi-family residential districts and as a conditional use in single family residential districts. (Pass 7-0)
A public hearing was held concerning approval of a certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity for the Green Cab Company [PDF, 2] to operate within the City of Fayetteville. (The certificate was approved with a 10-car maximum by a vote of 7-0)
- Amend §94.05 Use of Fireworks: [PDF]: An ordinance to amend city code’s use of fireworks section by replacing “First Night” with “Last Night”. (Pass 7-0)
- RZN 11-3960 (1730 N. Old Wire Road) Appeal [PDF, 2]: An ordinance rezoning 8.6 acres, located at 1730 N. Old Wire Rd. from RSF-4, Residential Single-Family, 4 units/acre to NC, Neighborhood Conservation, subject to a Bill of Assurance. (Left on second reading)
- Hilton Garden Inn Tree Preservation Area Modification [PDF]: A resolution to vacate about one-tenth of an acre of a tree preservation easement to be mitigated by the planting of 29 large species trees and developing the lot utilizing low impact development standards. (Tabled until next meeting)
- Bellafont Gardens Tree Preservation Area Modification [PDF]: A resolution to approve a modification of the tree preservation area in the Bellafont Gardens development to shift about one-half acre of tree preservation area from Lot 1 to Lot 4. (Tabled until next meeting)
- ADM 11-3994 (Forest Hills R-PZD Amendment No. 1) [PDF]: An ordinance amending a Residential Planned Zoning District to revise the concept plan and zoning criteria for Planning Area Three, reducing the number of dwelling units from 354 units to 240 units. (Pass 7-0)
- Repeal and Replace §34.27 Sale of Municipally Owned Real Property [PDF, 2]: An ordinance to repeal city code by replacing the Sale of Municipally Owned Real Property section and to enact an emergency clause. (Pass 7-0 with amended subsection to exempt sale of water/sewer easements. Ordinance will be sent to Ordinance Review Committee)
- Springdale Water and Sewer Commission Easement [PDF]: A resolution to approve the sale of a permanent water/sewer easement of 0.383 acres and a temporary construction easement adjoining the permanent water/sewer easement along Highway 265 to the Springdale Water and Sewer Commission for $3,000. (Pass 7-0)
- Amend Chapter 92 [PDF, 2]: An ordinance amending the Definitions section of city code, repealing and replacing the Annual License and Tag section, amending the Redemption of Animals section, repealing the Animal Hobbyist Permit of Chapter 92: Animals of the Code of Fayetteville to remove animal licensing requirements and enact animal microchipping requirements, and providing for an effective date. (Pass 7-0)
- Amend §50.40 Rates for Services [PDF]: An ordinance to amend the Rates for Services section of city code by enacting a new subsection to charge $0.95 per month per multi-family unit for recycling services when offered. (Left on first reading)
- Northwest Arkansas Economic Development District [PDF]: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving a contract between the City of Fayetteville and the Northwest Arkansas Economic Development District in the amount of $53,350 to provide public recreation services for the senior citizens of Fayetteville for 2012. (Pass 7-0)
- Fayetteville Youth Center, Inc. [PDF]: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving a contract between the City of Fayetteville and the Fayetteville Youth Center, Inc. in the amount of $205,350 to provide public recreation services for the youth and citizens of Fayetteville for 2012. (Pass 7-0)