Fayetteville Mayor Lioneld Jordan officially announced his plans to run for a second term before about 100 cheering supporters on the downtown square Saturday afternoon.
Fayetteville Advertising and Promotion Commission executive director Marilyn Heifner was reinstated Monday after nearly six weeks of paid administrative leave.
Fayetteville police have released the name of the officer who was shot during a six-hour standoff at Bedford Loop Apartments Sunday morning.
Please take a moment to check out this week’s sales, deals and news from our sponsors. They keep us afloat, y’know?
Fayetteville High School officials plan to celebrate the legacy of the school’s auditorium in a ceremony at 6 p.m. tonight. The event will be the last inside the auditorium before its doors are closed for good on April 6. The building will soon be demolished as part of a $95 million renovation project which includes new performing arts facility that’s set to be completed in August.
- Fayetteville Public Library: Short Fiction Creative Writing Class starts
- Fayetteville High School: FHS Auditorium celebration
- JJ’s Grill: Tim Meitzen
- Nightbird Books: Ozark Poets and Writers Collective
- Pesto Cafe: Jed Clampit
- Tanglewood Branch Beer Co.: Liz Garris & Mike Summler
- George’s Majestic Lounge: OTT / Fractal Sky / Freedom / Glass
- UA Old Main / Giffels Auditorium: Poet William Logan Reading and Book Signing
Tuesday Public Meetings
|4:30 p.m.||City Council Agenda Session * (agenda)||City Hall, Room 326|
|5:15 p.m.||Equipment Committee *||City Hall, Room 326|
|6:15 p.m.||Street Committee * (agenda)||City Hall, Room 326|
|7:00 p.m.||FFEAC Local Food Group||City Hall, Room 111|
» View all of this week’s public meetings
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel
*Send us your local birthday shout-outs.
Others: Director Quentin Tarantino is 49, singer Mariah Carey is 42, actress Elizabeth Mitchell (Lost) is 42, singer Fergie (Black Eyed Peas) is 37, and actress Brenda Song (The Suite Life of Zack and Cody) is 24.