Student camping will be permitted for the Arkansas-Alabama football game on Saturday, Sept. 15, UA officials announced on Tuesday.
Students may register for a spot at Gate 17 from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13. Those who arrive after 11 p.m. may still set up and camp, but must immediately register their tent at 8 a.m. Friday morning at Gate 17. Those who fail to register may lose their spot and be forced to move to the back of the line.
Students who arrive after registration has closed on Friday may continue to line up accordingly and follow camping guidelines.
Campers must abide by all policies and rules of the University of Arkansas System and the Fayetteville campus and by all Arkansas laws.
Specific rules that must be followed include:
- Students will be permitted to register up to 10 campers per tent. Campers must register with student affairs staff members or ASG student marshals who will be present for this purpose.
- Tents may be removed by university personnel if left unattended at any time. Through the tent registration process, campers will be asked to provide a tent captain’s name and telephone number. This person will serve as the contact person for the registered tent. One person from each tent must remain with the tent at all times.
- Tents and other camping equipment must be removed by 9 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 15. The full tent party must be present four hours prior to kick off in order to secure their rightful spot in line.
- Cutting and other forms of saving spots will not be tolerated and violators will be asked to move to the back of the line. Students who witness cutting or saving spots are asked to report it to student affairs staff or ASG student marshals accordingly.
- Tents or equipment must not be affixed to university property. Tents must not be staked into the ground. Building, driveway, street, parking lot and stairway access must not be blocked or compromised from entry and exit.
- University electrical outlets must not be used.
- Grilling, cooking, heating or any use of open flames is strictly prohibited. Generators that emit gas or fumes are prohibited.
- The campus noise ordinance must be followed.
- Every tent group is responsible for disposing of trash properly. Trash must be disposed of in receptacles provided by the university or event organizers or sponsors.
- All policies outlined in the U of A Code of Student Life apply.
- Alcohol and tobacco use is prohibited.
- Non-adherence to these restrictions may result in loss of camping and/or ticket privileges.