5-day Weather Forecast
[forecast location=”72701″ caption=”” measurement=’F’ todaylabel=”Today” datelabel=”%%weekday%%” highlow=’%%high%%° / %%low%%°’ numdays=”5″ iconset=”Incredible” class=”css_table_class” cache=”true” width=”100%”]
City officials will hold a kickoff meeting for the Wedington Corridor Plan at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 25 at the Fayetteville Boys & Girls Club.
The city’s Parks & Recreation department, along with the Urban Forestry Advisory Board, will give away free trees and shrubs beginning at 7 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 13 at the Town Center Plaza on the south side of the Fayetteville square.
It’s time for another Flyer book review. This time, Roger checked out “Live By Night” by Dennis Lehane.
It’s time for another score prediction contest. Guess the score of the Arkansas-Kentucky game, be the closest, and win a t-shirt from Bearstate Supply. You can do it.
Romance Diamond Co. is the newest Flyer Sponsor. Please help us welcome them to the Flyer family.
Friday events, Oct. 12
There are probably lot of soggy people at Yonder Mountain String Band Harvest Music Festival on Mulberry Mountain this weekend. The music will go on anyway, though. Friday’s headliners include Sam Bush, The Mickey Hart Band, and Yonder Mountain String Band.
There’s a country music show at The AMP with Brantley Gilbert, Uncle Kracker, Greg Bates, and Brian Davis.
How about some rock? Rogue has some Friday night, with The Inner Party, Dreamfast, and Jab Jab Suckerpunch.
For jokes, you could check out comedians Mike Stanley and Joe Kilgallon at UARK Bowl Friday night. There are two shows, at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
Fayetteville High School’s drama department will perform Thornton Wilder’s Our Town Friday night at the new Fayetteville High School Performing Arts Center. Show starts at 7 p.m., and tickets are $7 for non-students.
Full Friday list:
- Mulberry Mountain (Ozark, AR): Harvest Music Festival
- Fayetteville Public Library: The Midwest Winds
- Kingfish: Earl and Them
- Pratt Place Inn & Barn: Winetopia
- Bear’s Place: Darren Ray
- Fayetteville High School: FHS drama: Our Town
- UA Student Union: Tournées Film Festival: New French Films on Campus
- UA Old Main / Giffels Auditorium: Arkansas and the Wild West
- Fresco Cafe & Pub: Vikki Cunningham
- UARK Bowl: Live comedy: Mike Stanley / Joe Kilgallon
- Speakeasy: StamNation
- The AMP: Brantley Gilbert / Uncle Kracker
- Dickson Street Pub: Effron White
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Backroad Anthem / Kelly Road / Full House
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Sarah Hughes Band
- Rogue: The Inner Party / Dreamfast / Jab Jab Suckerpunch
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Trick Bag
- JJ’s Grill: Wes & Karl
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Theo Reynolds / Barrett Baber
Saturday events, Oct. 13
If you get to the Farmers’ Market on the Fayetteville Square early on Saturday, you might score yourself a free tree in front of the Fayetteville Town Center. Also, the Farmers’ Market will be honored for their victory in the America’s Favorite Farmers’ Market contest at 9 a.m. There’s also a Firemen’s pancake breakfast Saturday morning.
Also Saturday morning, the 24th annual Chile Pepper Cross Country Festival is happening at the University of Arkansas Cross Country Course near Agri Park in Fayetteville. The first races start at 7:45 a.m.
Speaking of Razorbacks, the Hog Footballers are looking to get a little winning streak going when they take on the Kentucky Wildcats at Razorback Stadium on Saturday. The game kicks off at 6 p.m.
Legendary psychobilly-rock-punk-blues band Tav Falco & the Unapproachable Panther Burns are in town for a show at Rogue Saturday night with locals Glory Bones and Forever Blowing Bubbles.
George’s Majestic Lounge has a big local music show Saturday with Shawn James, I Do Declare, Amsterdam, Surf de Soleil and Revolution Butterfly.
Smoke & Barrel Tavern has riffy-surf rock band from Vermont, Concrete Rivals on Saturday night. Listen to a couple of these tracks. They’re delicious.
For laughs, your best bet is UARK Bowl with Phunbags Comedy Improv Halloween Show. The show starts at 7 p.m.
Full Saturday list:
- Mulberry Mountain (Ozark, AR): Harvest Music Festival
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Agri Park: Chile Pepper Cross Country Festival
- Jammin’ Java: Bill Dollar & Loose Change
- Reynolds Razorback Stadium: UA Football – Arkansas vs. Kentucky
- Bear’s Place: Effron White
- UARK Bowl: Phunbags Comedy Improv Halloween Show
- Rogue: Tav Falco & the Unapproachable Panther Burns / Glory Bones / Forever Blowing Bubbles
- Kingfish: Mosey West
- Dickson Street Pub: Josh Jennings
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Shawn James / I Do Declare / Amsterdam / Surf de Soleil / Revolution Butterfly
- JJ’s Grill: Ouachita River Band
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Concrete Rivals
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Fuggins Wheat Band
- The Lightbulb Club: Dirtmother / Dying / Sons Of Tonatiuh / Crankbait
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Grady Champion
Sunday events, Oct. 12
The Fayetteville Public Library is presenting a series of independent documentaries through a new Community Cinema program, and Sunday they’re showing Brad Lichtenstein’s As Goes Janesville. The movie starts at 2 p.m., and it’s free.
The Walking Dead is back on Sunday, and there’s a watch party going down at Smoke & Barrel Tavern. The show airs at 8 p.m. Central time.
Full Sunday list:
- Common Grounds: Sarah Hughes
- Fayetteville Public Library: Community Cinema: As Goes Janesville
- Pesto Cafe: Shannon Wurst
- Mojito’s Mexican Grill: Walter Savage
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Walking Dead watch party
Friday public meetings
|No meetings listed|
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.