A decision on whether the Advertising and Promotion Commission will give $8.5 million to the Walton Arts Center will likely be delayed by at least a couple of months.
Fayetteville police have arrested a man who they say secretly recorded himself having sex with several women.
Catch Me If You Can runs through Sunday, Jan. 13 at the Walton Arts Center. Theater critic Tobias Wray posted a review here on the Flyer yesterday.
Walton Arts Center will host an opening reception for “Tectonics” a new exhibition by Fayetteville artist Scott Carroll at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 22.
- 6 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Keith Nicholson
- 6 p.m. Tanglewood Branch Beer Co.: Clarke Buehling
- 7 p.m. Walton Arts Center: Catch Me If You Can
- 7 p.m. Legacy Blues Lounge: Matt Smith / Yaniv Tabenhouse
- 7 p.m. Bud Walton Arena: UA women’s basketball vs. LSU
- 8 p.m. Scarpino: Adams Collins CD release
- 8 p.m. Dickson Street Pub: Goodnight Athena
- 8 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Meandering Orange / Randy Crouch & Flying Horse
- 8 p.m. UARK Bowl: Comedy Open Mic
- 9 p.m. The Lightbulb Club: DJ Clunk
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Roots & Hellfire
|12:00 p.m.||Fayetteville Forward Inclusion Action Group||City Hall, Room 111|
|1:30 p.m.||Airport Board *||Airport Conference Room|
|4:00 p.m.||Planning Agenda Session and Tour *||City Hall, Room 111|
|5:30 p.m.||Environmental Action Committee *||City Hall, Room 111|
» View all
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel
Locals: Juliet Smith, Ali Williams, Jedidiah Brandon, Mary Ramey, Bryan Moats, Tony Pace, Kate Zakar, Chris Laughnburg and William Medley.
Others: Singer Rod Stewart is 68, singer-keyboardist Donald Fagen of Steely Dan is 65, former heavyweight boxing champion George Foreman is 64, singer Pat Benatar is 60, guitarist Michael Schenker of the Scorpions is 58, singer-guitarist Curt Kirkwood of Meat Puppets is 54, actor, comedian and musician Jemaine Clement (Flight of the Conchords) is 39 and apper Chris Smith of Kris Kross is 34.