5-day Weather Forecast[forecast location=”72701″ caption=”” measurement=’F’ todaylabel=”Today” datelabel=”%%weekday%%” highlow=’%%high%%° / %%low%%°’ numdays=”5″ iconset=”Incredible” class=”css_table_class” cache=”true” width=”100%”]
Friday Events, July 12
Fayetteville band Fauxnz will celebrate the release of their new six-song, self-titled EP on Friday, July 12 at Smoke & Barrel Tavern with locals Resin Hands and Future Day. Admission to the release show is $5 at the door, and vinyl copies of the new EP will be available. We talked to the band earlier this week about the new record. Admission is $5.
There’s a big show at the AMP Friday night with country music star Gary Allan, and locals Backroad Anthem. Tickets range from $31.50-$52.
Also on Friday, Randall Shreve is at The Phoenix, and Boom Kinetic is back at George’s.
- 6 p.m. Mojito’s Mexican Grill: Effron White
- 6 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Earl & Them / The Odds
- 6 p.m. Greenhouse Grille: Matt Smith Jazz
- 6:30 p.m. UARK Bowl: Beach Bingo Bash benefit
- 6 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Fresco Jazz Trio
- 7 p.m. Foghorn’s: Vikki Cunningham
- 7 p.m. Tanglewood Branch Beer Co.: John Henry and Friends
- 7:30 p.m. The AMP: Gary Allan / Backroad Anthem
- 7 p.m. Jose’s: Rock House Band
- 8 p.m. The Chancellor Hotel: Jim Greeson Trio
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Bottlerocket
- 8 p.m. Kingfish: Sarah Hughes Band
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Foley’s Van
- 9 p.m. The Phoenix: Randall Shreve / Jared Dunn
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Fauxnz / Resin Hands / Future Day
- 10 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Boom! Kinetic
Saturday Events, July 13
The Fayetteville Farmers’ Market is kind of in full bloom right now on the Fayetteville Square. Get some delicious vegetables down there.
The Botanical Gardens of the Ozarks’ annual Firefly Fling is on Saturday night beginning at around 6 p.m. There will be music by Shaky Bugs and Still on the Hill, black light dancing, fire spinning, and the happiest, smiling kids you’ve ever seen running all over the place.
Bebop pianist, vocalist, and Schoolhouse Rock composer Bob Dorough will perform at Walton Arts Center on Saturday as part of KUAF’s Summer Jazz Series. Tickets are $25.
- 7 a.m. Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- 2 p.m. The Showcase: The Hospital 4: Street-dance battle
- 2 p.m. Fayetteville Public Library: Andrew Kilgore documentary film
- 6 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Darren Ray
- 6 p.m. Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Firefly Fling
- 7 p.m. Foghorn’s: Effron White
- 7 p.m. Jose’s: West Street Blues
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Nathan A.
- 8 p.m. Kingfish: Strange Deranger
- 8 p.m. Walton Arts Center: Summer Jazz Concert Series: Bob Dorough
- 8 p.m. Scarpino: Big Bad Gina
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Guerilla Blues Band
- 9 p.m. The Phoenix: Damn Arkansan / Basement Brew
- 9 p.m. The Lightbulb Club: Guta / John Henry & The Earthshakers
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Merry Mobile
- 10 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Voltaire
Sunday Events, July 14
If you miss out on Fauxnz album release party on Friday night, you could catch them again at an all-ages show Sunday night at Nightbird Books with Austin band Opportunist.
Friday Public Meetings
|2 p.m.||Bid Openings: Bid 13-41, RAS Pumps Bid 13-42, Irrigation Reels||City Hall, Room 326|
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.