5-day Weather Forecast[forecast location=”72701″ caption=”” measurement=’F’ todaylabel=”Today” datelabel=”%%weekday%%” highlow=’%%high%%° / %%low%%°’ numdays=”5″ iconset=”Incredible” class=”css_table_class” cache=”true” width=”100%”]
Friday Events, July 26
Fayetteville band Mountain of Venus will reunite for one night to perform at George’s annual Jerry Garcia Birthday Bash on Friday night. The show is typically filled with guest appearances and lots of Grateful Dead tunes in honor of the late Mr. Garcia, who would have been 71 years old this year.
If it’s rock you’re after, the Lightbulb Club has locals Terminus, The Chads, and Resin Hands.
There’s also a reggae show at The Phoenix with locals The Irie Lions and Shreveport, LA. “bayou reggae” band Stiff Necked Fools.
- 6 p.m. Mojito’s Mexican Grill: Effron White
- 6 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Fresco’s Jazz Trio
- 6 p.m. Greenhouse Grille: Al Gibson
- 7 p.m. Tanglewood Branch Beer Co.: The Dead Irish Blues
- 7 p.m. Foghorn’s: Ben Coulter
- 7 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Brick Fields and Friends
- 7 p.m. Jose’s: Milburn
- 8 p.m. Kingfish: Duty Free
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Joel Ludford
- 8 p.m. Fayetteville Underground: Jack Williams
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Maud Crawford
- 9 p.m. The Phoenix: The Irie Lions / Stiff Necked Fools / DJ HOD-I
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: The 1 oz. Jig
- 9 p.m. The Lightbulb Club: Terminus / The Chads / Resin Hands
- 10 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Jerry Garcia Birthday Bash
Saturday Events, July 27
The weather’s looking absolutely gorgeous on Saturday for a morning at the Fayetteville Farmers’ Market. There’s a high of 81 degrees. In July. That’s not very common around here.
Saturday is a good night for local music in Fayetteville. SW/MM/NG is back at the Lightbulb Club with locals Family History. Admission is $5 at the door.
Local favorites Cletus Got Shot are back at George’s Majestic Lounge Saturday night, and locals Honeyshine are at Smoke & Barrel Tavern.
- 7 a.m. Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- 1 p.m. Fayetteville Public Library: Washington County Historical Dancers
- 6 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Roby Pantall & Ron Pennington
- 7 p.m. Jose’s: Prince Albert and the Knights
- 7 p.m. Tanglewood Branch Beer Co.: Matt and Jody
- 7 p.m. Fayetteville Underground: Last Saturday
- 7 p.m. Foghorn’s: Jon Knox
- 8 p.m. Louie’s Bar & Grill: Effron White
- 8 p.m. Kingfish: Cadillac Jackson
- 8 p.m. Walton Arts Center: Summer Jazz Concert Series: Composer’s Showcase
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Left of Center
- 9 p.m. The Phoenix: Voxana
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Honeyshine
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Cletus Got Shot
- 9 p.m. The Lightbulb Club: SW/MM/NG / Family History
Sunday Events, July 28
There’s a free show at George’s on Sunday with Ben Miller Band, with Rebel Outlaw Heroes set to open the show. The venue’s website lists the show at 3 p.m., but a recent Facebook post has it at 9 p.m. We’re trying to confirm the start time, and we’ll update it hear when we hear back.
Friday Public Meetings
|No meetings listed|
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.