[forecast location=”72701″ caption=”” measurement=’F’ todaylabel=”Today” datelabel=”%%weekday%%” highlow=’%%high%%° / %%low%%°’ numdays=”4″ iconset=”Incredible” class=”css_table_class” cache=”true” width=”100%”]
Friday events, Nov. 14
Walton Arts Center has a cool show Friday night. Ukelele virtuoso Jake Shimabukuro will perform there, and he’s pretty incredible. Watch this.
The Dirty Guv’nahs, who were just in the area for a show at Wakarusa this summer, will perform at George’s Friday night. Fellow Knoxville, TN band Cereus Bright will open the show. Tickets are available here.
JR’s has a rock show with a trio of good local bands. Grim Creeper, Meatsweat, and Rival Monsters will perform. Admission is $5 at the door.
There’s also a local show at Ryleigh’s with Buffalo Hustle and High Lonesome. High Lonesome just released a new album, and it’s streaming on Bandcamp.
- 11 a.m. Bud Walton Arena: UA women’s basketball vs. Nicholls
- 2 p.m. Crystal Bridges Museum: State of the Art Symposium
- 6 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Full House
- 6 p.m. Greenhouse Grille: Matt Smith Jazz
- 7:30 p.m. The Nines: Six Poets from Other Planets
- 8 p.m. Walton Arts Center: Jake Shimabukuro
- 8 p.m. UA University Theatre: Kin by Bathesheba Doran
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Wes & Karl
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: DJ EQ
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: The Dirty Guv’nahs / Cereus Bright
- 9 p.m. JR’s Lightbulb Club: Rival Monsters / Grim Creeper / Meatsweat
- 10 p.m. Ryleigh’s: Buffalo Hustle / High Lonesome
Saturday events, Nov. 15
There’s a chance of snow flurries on Saturday. Ugh.
The Razorback football team takes on LSU at 7 p.m. at Razorback Stadium. It’s the second to last Fayetteville game of the year, FYI.
Local country/blues/rockers Strange Deranger are at Smoke & Barrel for the first time in a little while on Saturday night.
George’s has locals Boom! Kinetic and Canopy Climbers, and JR’s has Baltimore bands Dope Body and Roomrunner with locals, LLinda.
- 7 a.m. Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- 9 a.m. Crystal Bridges Museum: State of the Art Symposium
- 10 a.m. Fayetteville Public Library: Pioneers & Trailblazers of the Jim Crow Era
- 1 p.m. Nightbird Books: Karin Akins Reading & Booksigning
- 1 p.m. Ozark Natural Foods: Fermentation class
- 4 p.m. Heartwood Gallery: 12th Anniversary Party
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Jamie Wolfe & the Wranglers
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Strange Deranger
- 9 p.m. JR’s Lightbulb Club: Dope Body / Roomrunner / LLinda
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Boom! Kinetic / Canopy Climbers
- 10 p.m. Ryleigh’s: Left of Center
Sunday events, Nov. 16
Local variety show The All You Need to Know Show is back at Maxine’s Tap Room this week for Sunday Service. This week’s show’s about the Future.
George’s has a Sunday night show as well this weekend, with New York alternative band, Such Gold and pop punk band, Seaway. Tickets are available here.
- 11 a.m. Emelia’s Kitchen: Live jazz
- 1 p.m. Bud Walton Arena: UA women’s basketball vs. Savannah St.
- 1 p.m. Terra Studios: Peter Lippincott
- 2 p.m. UA University Theatre: Kin by Bathesheba Doran
- 3:30 p.m. Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: University of Arkansas Saxophone Chamber Ensemble
- 4 p.m. Bud Walton Arena: UA men’s basketball vs.
- 6:30 p.m. Nightbird Books: HOWL
- 7 p.m. UA University Theatre: Kin by Bathesheba Doran
- 7 p.m. Maxine’s Tap Room: The All You Need to Know Show: FUTURE
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Such Gold / Seaway
Friday Public Meetings
|9 a.m.||Civil Service Commission Trial-Gurney Williams||City Hall, Room 219|