Friday events, March 20
Local favorites Big Uns will kick off the weekend with a happy hour show at George’s Friday night. Later on, former Cross Canadian Ragweed frontman Cody Canada and his new band, the Departed, will perform.
The original cast of Jersey Boys has come together for a touring show, and that show is at the Walton Arts Center Friday night. Midtown Men will sing hits from The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Jackson Five, The Four Seasons and more as part of the show. Here’s ticket info.
SXSW Week is always a good week for music in Fayetteville, and that continues this weekend as well. Philadelphia blues-rockers TJ Kong & The Atomic Bomb will be at Smoke & Barrel for a show Friday night on their way back through town after a festival appearance.
One of the most critically acclaimed metal bands in the world will be in town this weekend as well. Little Rock’s Pallbearer will be at the Lightbulb Club Friday night with Auric. Tickets are at Block Street Records, and this one’s likely to sell out.
- 6 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Big Uns / Bill Dollar & Loose Change
- 6:30 p.m. Nightbird Books: Robert Laurence – Book Release Party
- 7 p.m. Fayetteville Senior Activity Center: Fayetteville Goddess Festival Kick-Off
- 7:30 p.m. Fayetteville Underground: The Pickin’ Post Presents Claudia Schmidt
- 8 p.m. Walton Arts Center: The Midtown Men
- 8 p.m. Nomads Music Lounge: The Coverlets
- 8 p.m. Baum Stadium: Arkansas baseball vs. LSU
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Dave Bright
- 8 p.m. Dickson Street Pub: Voxana
- 10 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Cody Canada & The Departed
- 10 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: TJ Kong & The Atomic Bomb
- 10 p.m. JR’s Lightbulb Club: Pallbearer / Auric
Saturday events, March 21
It’s a pretty good weekend for sports fans in Fayetteville. The Razorback baseball team is in the middle of a series with No. 1 ranked LSU at Baum Stadium, and the Hogs will take on the Tigers at 2 p.m. on Saturday.
Later on, the Razorback basketball team will play a second round NCAA Tournament game versus North Carolina at 8:40 p.m. in Jacksonville, Florida. You’ll have to watch this one on TV, obviously (unless you’re in Jacksonville.)
Art-wise, local sculptor Hank Kaminsky will debut some new work with a special reception scheduled for 7 p.m. at Fayetteville Underground Saturday night.
Walton Arts Center has a jazz show with Cyrus Chestnut Quartet performing a show titled Brubeck Reimagined. There are two performances on Saturday.
Lightbulb Club has a big show with Schwervon, Rival Monsters, and PK, and Smoke & Barrel has rockers 24th Street Wailers and Me Like Bees Saturday night.
- 9 a.m. Ozark Natural Foods: Bean Mtn. Farms Plant Sale
- 10:30 a.m. Nightbird Books: Music Together Storytime and Sing Along
- 10:30 a.m. Fayetteville Public Library: Jugglology
- 10 a.m. OMNI Center: Fayetteville Goddess Festival
- 2 p.m. Baum Stadium: Arkansas baseball vs. LSU
- 7 p.m. Fayetteville Underground: Hank Kaminsky: New Work Preview Reception
- 7 p.m. Walton Arts Center: Cyrus Chestnut Quartet: Brubeck Reimagined
- 8:30 p.m. Dickson Street Pub: Ozark Mountains Travellers
- 9 p.m. The Nines: Robé Flax / DJ EJ
- 9 p.m. Walton Arts Center: Cyrus Chestnut Quartet: Brubeck Reimagined
- 10 p.m. Ryleigh’s: StereoKill
- 10 p.m. JR’s Lightbulb Club: Schwervon / Rival Monsters / PK
- 10 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: 24th Street Wailers / Me Like Bees
Sunday events, March 22
There’s quite a bit of music happening in Fayetteville on Sunday night this week as well.
Masked surf-rockers (and possibly the best stage performers you’ll ever see in town) DAIKAIJU will be at Smoke & Barrel with locals Thunderlizards and Witchsister (also pretty sweet performers).
Washington DC rock band Paperhaus will be at the Lightbulb Club with locals Pagiins and Comfortable Brother, and Backspace has a show with CCDS, Various Blonde, and Fake Species.
- 11 a.m. Emelia’s Kitchen: Live jazz
- 12:30 p.m. OMNI Center: Fayetteville Goddess Festival
- 1 p.m. Terra Studios: Bruce Allen
- 6 p.m. Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Degree Recital: Jared Guinn, guitar
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Chris Jerry
- 9 p.m. Backspace: CCDS / Various Blonde / Fake Species
- 10 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Witchsister /Thunderlizards / DAIKAIJU
- 10 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Paper Haus / Pagiins / Comfortable Brother
Friday Public Meetings
|No meetings listed|