Moses Kingsley / ArkansasRazorbacks.com
The Arkansas basketball team’s leading scorer and rebounder will return for another season.
Moses Kingsley, who began the 2016 NBA Draft process in March, reportedly worked out for the Boston Celtics, but was not one of 64 players invited to the league’s scouting combine. Kingsley withdrew his name from the draft and will return for the 2016-17 season, the 6-10 forward-center announced on Monday.
“I am thankful for the opportunity to go through the draft process, but I’m excited to return to Arkansas for my senior year,” Kingsley said in a statement. “I feel like I can continue to improve and put myself in a better position for the future.”
Kingsley averaged 15.9 points and 9.3 rebounds per game last season. He recorded a block in 31 of 32 games and ranked second in the SEC with 76 blocks as a junior. Kingsley was one of three players in the nation with multiple games of 20 points, 10 rebounds and five blocks last season and scored in double figures in 29 of 31 games.
“Moses got the feedback he needed and we are thrilled to have one of the best players in the SEC returning for his senior season,” said head coach Mike Anderson. “If he improves this year as much as he did last year, he has a chance to be one of the best players in the country.”