On the agenda
- Rezoning 99 acres at the former Razorback Golf Course site.
- Approval of an architectural contract for the Woolsey Homestead Historic Restoration Project.
- Approval of the 2016 Community Development Block Grant action plan.
- Purchasing over $64,000 worth of office furniture for the Recycling & Trash Collection Division.
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council began at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 19, 2016 inside room 219 of City Hall, located at 113 W. Mountain St. in Fayetteville.
Listed below are the items up for approval and links to PDF documents with detailed information on each item of business.
Present: Adella Gray, Sarah Marsh, Mark Kinion, Matthew Petty, Mayor Lioneld Jordan, Martin Schoppmeyer, John La Tour, Alan Long
Absent: Justin Tennant
» View current attendance records
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items
1. Ozark Regional Transit Presentation (Details)
Consent items typically are approved in a single, all-inclusive vote.
1. Approval of the July 5, 2016 City Council Meeting Minutes
– Pass 7-0
2. Allison Architects, Inc. (Details): A resolution to approve a two-year contract with Allison Architects, Inc. for professional architectural services for the Woolsey Homestead Historic Restoration Project in the amount of $15,000.00 for phase one in 2016, and in the amount of $35,000.00 for phase two in 2017, contingent upon approval of the 2017 annual city budget.
– Pass 7-0
3. Consolidated Plan, 2016 Action Plan, and CDBG Reconciliation (Details): A resolution to approve the 2016 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) action plan, to authorize the mayor to execute the CDBG agreement for 2016 when received in the amount of $619,098.00, to approve the 2016-2020 five-year consolidated CDBG plan, and to approve a budget adjustment contingent upon receipt of the grant funds.
– Pass 7-0
4. Arkansas Firewise Grant (Details): A resolution to authorize acceptance of an Arkansas Firewise Grant from the Arkansas Forestry Commission in the amount of $500.00 for use by the Fire Department, and to approve a budget adjustment.
– Pass 7-0
5. Innerplan, Inc. (Details): A resolution to authorize the purchase of office furnishings from Innerplan, Inc. d/b/a Innerplan Office Interiors in the amount of $64,491.62, pursuant to a state procurement contract, for the Recycling and Trash Collection Division.
– Pass 7-0
1. RZN 16-5442 (2514 W. Lori Rd./Razorback Golf Course) (Details): An ordinance to rezone that property described in rezoning petition RZN 16-5442 for approximately 99.10 acres located at 2514 W. Lori Road from R-A, Residential Agricultural; RSF-1, Residential Single Family, one unit per acre and RSF-4, Residential Single Family, 4 units per acre to NC, Neighborhood Conservation; R-A, Residential Agricultural and NS, Neighborhood Services.
– Left on the first reading
Jeremy Pate, the city’s development services director, said staff have received several emails in the past few days from concerned residents – some who said they couldn’t make it to the meeting tonight. Pate asked that the council hold off on making a final decision tonight in order to give neighbors more time to voice their concerns.
Some residents who spoke tonight said they like the developer and his plan for the land, but said
when considering the worst case scenario, they can’t support the requested zoning since it would allow a variety of plans they aren’t in favor of. Some neighbors said if the developer offered a bill of assurance that stated only his specific plan would be built on the land, they’d be in support.
Other residents who spoke said they want the former golf course to eventually be re-developed, but haven’t yet seen any plans they like.
The council agreed to hold the request on the first reading.
– There is a Gulley Park Summer Concert Series event this week. See the scheduled and lineup.
– Technology upgrades at City Hall will affect the processing of payments this week. Read more.
– A Ward 4 meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. July 25 in room 111 at City Hall.
This meeting was adjourned at 6:30 p.m.