One of the most beloved Broadway shows ever is coming to town.
The 20th anniversary tour of RENT, the classic rock musical by Jonathan Larson, will be at Walton Arts Center March 2-4.
Here’s the description of the Pulitzer and Tony Award-winning show:
In 1996, an original rock musical by a little-known composer opened on Broadway… and forever changed the landscape of American theatre. Two decades later, Jonathan Larson’s RENT continues to speak loudly and defiantly to audiences across generations and all over the world. And now, this Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award®-winning masterpiece returns to the stage in a vibrant 20th anniversary touring production.
A re-imagining of Puccini’s La Bohème, RENT follows an unforgettable year in the lives of seven artists struggling to follow their dreams without selling out. With its inspiring message of joy and hope in the face of fear, this timeless celebration of friendship and creativity reminds us to measure our lives with the only thing that truly matters—love.
Single tickets start at $36 plus applicable fees and can be purchased in-person at the Walton Arts Center Box Office, by calling 479.443.5600 or by visiting waltonartscenter.org.
You could also just win some tickets to the opening night performance below. Good luck!
How to enter
RENT will be making its way to Fayetteville as part of the 20th anniversary tour. What other Broadway shows do you wish would make their way to Fayetteville soon? Let us know in the comments and you’re entered.
What you’ll win
One winner will win two (2) tickets to see opening night performance of RENT on March 2 at Walton Arts Center.
A few rules (read ‘em carefully):
- Contest is open until noon p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 21
- This contest is open to anyone anywhere except Fayetteville Flyer writers, Walton Arts Center employees, and their immediate family members.
- You may only enter this specific contest once.
- Once notified via email, the winner will have 24 hours to respond to claim the prize.
- You’ll need to provide us with your first and last name (if you win) and then be prepared to show a valid photo ID when picking up your tickets.
Thanks to the Walton Arts Center for sponsoring this contest. For more information about this performance or to purchase tickets, visit waltonartscenter.com.