The Washington County Fair is happening a week earlier this year, and a new attraction will join the carnival, animal judging, and funnel cake eating that usually accompanies the annual event each year.
Fair officials recently announced the All American Lumber Jack Show will be performing twice each evening at this year’s event, set for Aug. 21-25 at the Washington County Fairgrounds.
The show will feature feats of ax throwing, chainsaw carving, log rolling, log boom racing, hot saw racing, and other sweet lumberjack skills. There will also be a kids lumberjack camp during the fair.
In addition, the fair will include a new, larger carnival this year, a petting zoo, bull riding, and other attractions.
A full schedule of events, and more info about this year’s fair is available at mywashcofair.com.
Washington County Fair 2018 Promo Nights
– Tuesday night is Family Night, with a $2 gate fee, and $2 ride tickets.
– Wednesday is Schools Day, with free admission to see the livestock until 3 p.m.
– Thursday is Senior Citizens Day, with free admission for those 62 and older from 10 a.m until 5 p.m. Thursday night is UA Night, with free admission for UA students with school ID, plus $15 armbands for students.
– Friday is Midnight Madness with $20 armbands from 10 p.m. until 1:30 p.m. with a Pepsi product can.
– Saturday is Sizzling Saturday, with $20 armbands from 9 p.m. until midnight with a Pepsi product can