The Lightning Thief / Courtesy
A new musical based on a best selling book is coming to Walton Arts Center next month, and we’ve got a pair of tickets to give away to the show.
Walton Arts Center will host technical rehearsals and three preview performances of The Lightning Thief: The Percy Jackson Musical on Jan. 4-5, 2019 to kick off the national tour for the new show.
The musical is based on the Rick Riordan fantasy novel that has sold more than 100 million copies worldwide. The musical will tell the story of protagonist Jackson, the son of Poseidon, as he discovers powers he can’t control and monsters on his trail in a quest to find Zeus’ lighting bolt to prevent a war between the Greek gods.”
The show will feature a crew of about 50 traveling cast, management, and production crew, and will also require about 50 local crew members to build the show at Walton Arts Center.
Show times are set for Friday, Jan. 4 at 7 p.m. and Saturday Jan. 5 at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Tickets start at $25 (plus fees). To purchase, visit the Walton Arts Center Box Office, call 479-443-5600, or visit waltonartscenter.org.
You won’t have to worry about that, however, if you’re the winner of our giveaway. Good luck.
How to enter
We love this time of year. Leave a comment telling us your favorite thing about the holidays in Fayetteville, and you’re entered.
What you’ll win
One (1) winner chosen at random will win two (2) tickets to see The Lightning Thief: The Percy Jackson Musical on Jan. 4 at the Walton Arts Center.
A few rules (read ‘em carefully):
- Contest is open until noon on Friday, Dec. 21.
- This contest is open to anyone anywhere except Fayetteville Flyer writers, Walton Arts Center employees, and their immediate family members.
- You may only enter this specific contest once.
- Once notified via a comment on this post, the winner will have 24 hours to respond to claim the prize. Check in on Monday to see if you’ve won.
- You’ll need to provide us with your first and last name (if you win) and then be prepared to show a valid photo ID when picking up your tickets.
For more information about this performance or to purchase tickets, visit waltonartscenter.org..