Dixie’s Tupperware Party / Courtesy
Remember Tupperware Parties?
I vaguely remember my mom hosting and going to a few back when I was a kid, and I always thought it was kind of strange. Anyway, now there’s a hilarious-sounding new one-person show about the phenomenon that happens to be coming to the Walton Arts Center this month.
The show, titled “Dixie’s Tupperware Party,” opens Feb. 19 in the WAC’s Starr Theatre, with performances scheduled through Feb. 24. NY Theatre called it “Pure theatrical bliss,” TheaterMania sait it was “a nonstop adrenaline boost,” and LA Times said they were “laughing too hard to breathe.”
From the synopsis:
Dixie Longate, the fast-talking Tupperware Lady, packed up her catalogues and left her children in an Alabama trailer park to travel the country throwing good ol’ fashioned Tupperware Parties.
Loaded with the most up-to-date products available for purchase, see for yourself how Ms. Longate became a member of the illustrious “#1 Tupperware Seller in the World” Club, as she educates her guests on the many alternative uses she has discovered for her plastic products. Filled with outrageously funny tales, heartfelt accounts, giveaways, audience participation and the most fabulous assortment of Tupperware ever sold on a theater stage, this is not your mother’s Tupperware party!
Tickets to the show range from $25-45 at waltonartscenter.org, or if you’re lucky, you could win yourself a pair right here on the Flyer. Good luck!
How to enter
Leave a comment telling us who you’d take to the show if you win, and you’re entered.
What you’ll win
One (1) winner chosen at random will win two (2) tickets to see Dixie’s Tupperware Party on Feb. 19 at the Walton Arts Center.
A few rules (read ‘em carefully):
- Contest is open until noon on Thursday, Feb. 7.
- This contest is open to anyone anywhere except Fayetteville Flyer writers, Walton Arts Center employees, and their immediate family members.
- You may only enter this specific contest once.
- Once notified via a comment on this post, the winner will have 24 hours to respond to claim the prize. Check in on Thursday to see if you’ve won.
- You’ll need to provide us with your first and last name (if you win) and then be prepared to show a valid photo ID when picking up your tickets.
For more information about this performance or to purchase tickets, visit waltonartscenter.org..